You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pictures you've taken that you think are cool

JohnnyH

26 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Looks really nice, I'm not familiar with the area but we used to go to Kirby Lonsdale, think it's miles from there?,stay in an old stone signalmans cottage or something, two hippies lived there, but it was great around there especially the viaduct on the Settle to Carlisle railroad which is fantastic so I wish I had photos of that. 

It is but both are beautiful areas of the country

• Upvote 1

I took this on one of my lockdown walks. The clarity of the sky that night and the stillness of the air were breathtaking. My pictures rarely do things justice but I think this one got somewhere close

DF856798-416B-4D13-AC6A-5E3BA4F153EB.jpeg

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Looks really nice, I'm not familiar with the area but we used to go to Kirby Lonsdale, think it's miles from there?,stay in an old stone signalmans cottage or something, two hippies lived there, but it was great around there especially the viaduct on the Settle to Carlisle railroad which is fantastic so I wish I had photos of that. 

Yeah, Kirby Lonsdale opposite side of the country to me, but Have been through to get to the lakes often. Pretty spot.

I think you mean the Ribblehead viaduct. When my new camera arrives that’ll be one of the first places I want to head out to and do some star trails or even maybe see if I can get the Milky Way to show.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Yeah, Kirby Lonsdale opposite side of the country to me, but Have been through to get to the lakes often. Pretty spot.

I think you mean the Ribblehead viaduct. When my new camera arrives that’ll be one of the first places I want to head out to and do some star trails or even maybe see if I can get the Milky Way to show.

That'll be good, yes is that it, the Ribblehead?, Viaducts are great and they seem to blend in perfectly with the surrounding countryside, as do canals. 

Live a 5 minute walk from the sea.

During the past 12 weeks odd of lockdown I’ve managed to twice pick times when it was quiet to get down there and fill up the soul tank, seeing as they’re the only times I’ve been out in 12 weeks and I inevitably won’t be going anywhere near the beach for at least the next 12.

Both times the sky was ace in different ways and a right tonic.

Trip 1:

06B8DE20-4024-4B88-9D7E-86FBEA5A3890.jpeg

6C62957C-6A0B-4268-9A5C-759ECE6A4018.jpeg

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Met this guy on another walk. Some may recognise as an exhibit at Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Lovely place for a day out, if you’re ok with the extortionate price for parking and a cream bun in the cafe.

182D342A-6286-4708-B97B-FD125E8604BD.jpeg.3e48d5052d8105161dda985ba9056d08.jpeg

9FD792A8-C8C3-49AB-9E34-8CDABFD7A5D3.jpeg

gimp.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mudface said:

We were supposed to be going in September, the travel agents we booked through have been pretty good and allowed us to rebook next April instead. Hopefully Trump's attempted coup will have been thwarted by then.

I've read some horror stories with people attempting to cancel/rebook, but also some good stories as well.

My flights were booked with frequent flyer points, so happily all refunded, and I hadn't booked too many other things, so no major loss for me.

I'm going to try and replicate the trip for next spring; as you say, hopefully things will have settled down by then.

• Upvote 1

Not so much the photo being cool , but the subject of the photo. This little fella has been brightening our lockdown and doesn’t seem scared of anything else in the garden , fronting up to magpies and wood pigeons. Was sitting by our shed the other day and the cheeky bugger hopped up onto my right trainer ( Adidas samba if you are wondering, Tony ) but didn’t have my phone or camera to hand.

7447F095-BDEB-42AE-9A90-1F08F05237AE.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 01/06/2020 at 03:19, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ve never been too good with pure landscapes, I prefer architectural/city stuff, but I’m quite pleased how this came out from yesterday’s sunset just down the road from me.

4FEF6974-0E20-40BB-B762-6ED5B05646CB.jpeg

Nice pic. Just down the road, you say?  Must be a bit hot. 

what do those scientists know anyway? The sun is out in space? Pah! It’s just down the road from Spunky’s!

1 minute ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Careful those cunts will come after you if

you get close.

We call them cobra chickens. There was on attacking students at the university a few years back and they had to put warning signs up.

EB561C62-5AAB-4810-8539-DB7E314431A6.jpeg

Hahaha repped for "Cobra Chickens" 

Have you ever been to Martin Mere? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Its a bird sanctuary full of Cobra Chickens. 

Sounds like a lovely place.

They take over vast swaths of Winnipeg and they just waddle across the street at their own leisure. If you hit one on the ground driving the bus you get reprimanded and can be sacked if you didn’t either brake or try to avoid it safely- if it’s in the air it’s fair game. Co-worker hit one on the dedicated busway and it was flying, he said it came out of the tall grass prairie on the side of the busway and was being chased by another goose and had just gotten airborne and pow splat hit the lower windscreen. All buses have video and they reviewed it and it was an airborne goose so it was judged non-preventable.

They are a nuisance and a menace and when I walk home through parkland I avoid them or give them a wide birth.

Because of the pandemic the uni was basically a ghost town and they had taken over everywhere but the bus depot but the fuckers were always there hanging about and honking and hissing if you got out of the bus to use the shitter. Which sits right near to a fucking field with a stream so they like that terrain. 

They also flap and hiss if you honk the horn when they cross in front of you sometimes. For a large sized long

necked bird with a pea sized brain they are bold as fuck. And they walk everywhere they rarely fly, only fly when they are fighting with each other.

Attenborough needs to come and sort them out.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Careful those cunts will come after you if

you get close.

We call them cobra chickens. There was on attacking students at the university a few years back and they had to put warning signs up.

EB561C62-5AAB-4810-8539-DB7E314431A6.jpeg

I did think lead adult was up for what ever the goose version of fisticuffs is. I’ll give them a wide berth in future. Clearly dangerous creatures.

Thanks for the warning. 

Also, they’re obviously prime examples of cunts with redeeming features I mentioned in the instant cunt identifier thread. Cunts.