You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Non gender specific fuckwittery

Champ

Guest Pistonbroke

The German language probably has a 48-letter word for somebody like that.

Yeah, they use long words in legal and scientific descriptions, they used to have a word which was 63 letters long! I can't remember the word in question but it was something to do with beef monitoring. 

* Just looked it up. Rindfleischetikettierungsueberwachungsaufgabenuebertragungsgesetz - meaning "law delegating beef label monitoring"

Yeah, they use long words in legal and scientific descriptions, they used to have a word which was 63 letters long! I can't remember the word in question but it was something to do with beef monitoring. 

* Just looked it up. Rindfleischetikettierungsueberwachungsaufgabenuebertragungsgesetz - meaning "law delegating beef label monitoring"

That's the short version.

I do IT support for Great Western rail amongst others at work and my mate Bish took a call for a customer and did the usual asking for number and location.

Bish: We've got your location as Reading, is that right?

Customer: I'm actually at the North Pole.

Bish then logs the incident as location North Pole and when you save it, an email of what you log gets automatically emailed to the customer.

The astonishing dribble-chin. I'll just have a quick half at the North Pole on my way to Bristol shall I?

I do IT support for Great Western rail amongst others at work and my mate Bish took a call for a customer and did the usual asking for number and location.

Bish: We've got your location as Reading, is that right?

Customer: I'm actually at the North Pole.

Bish then logs the incident as location North Pole and when you save it, an email of what you log gets automatically emailed to the customer.

The astonishing dribble-chin. I'll just have a quick half at the North Pole on my way to Bristol shall I?

I promise it wasn't me.

Have any of you ever in your life come across someone who was born and bred in this country who did not know that 999 is the number to contact the Fire/Ambulance/Police emergency services ?

I only ask because one of my colleagues was asked by a member of the public to phone them an ambulance on Sunday. She had to use Google to get the number as she thought 999 was for the police only and that the fire brigade and ambulance service each have their own individual numbers.

I'm still trying to get my head round the experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Self nomination here...

Needed a haircut, which usually entails a trip to the barbers and ten minutes with the clippers. Have got a beard trimmer at home, which has graded fittings for different lengths so I thought fuck it, I'll save myself a tenner and do it myself with the beard trimmers.

Turns out that Grade 4 on beard trimmers is a bit shorter than the barbers.

I now look like an extra from Romper Stomper.

• Upvote 2

Self nomination here...

Needed a haircut, which usually entails a trip to the barbers and ten minutes with the clippers. Have got a beard trimmer at home, which has graded fittings for different lengths so I thought fuck it, I'll save myself a tenner and do it myself with the beard trimmers.

Turns out that Grade 4 on beard trimmers is a bit shorter than the barbers.

I now look like an extra from Romper Stomper.

Pics or GTFO