You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Melwood

AngryOfTuebrook

• 3 years later...

The new facility looks boss but I'm still gutted about Melwood. Its a 5 minute walk from my house. My doctors is opposite the main gate. They aren't even going to keep it as a leisure facility for an area badly in need of it. Instead fat fucking spotty cunt Joe has sucked off Redrow to fill his pockets. 

The legacies that have been created there, Shanks right through. Bulldozed for a fat cunts greed. Cant blame the club for wanting to upgrade/move at all but they shouldn't have sold it to the highest bidder. Greedy cunts and all. 

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The new facility looks boss but I'm still gutted about Melwood. Its a 5 minute walk from my house. My doctors is opposite the main gate. They aren't even going to keep it as a leisure facility for an area badly in need of it. Instead fat fucking spotty cunt Joe has sucked off Redrow to fill his pockets. 

The legacies that have been created there, Shanks right through. Bulldozed for a fat cunts greed. Cant blame the club for wanting to upgrade/move at all but they shouldn't have sold it to the highest bidder. Greedy cunts and all. 

Not a word said when Belfield went, because it was a shithole. Why did Chippy Tits not buy Melwood for the good people of West Derby like he did Finch Farm.

Couldn’t rent it back? Not Everton? Not Redrow? 

Funny how most people including that bell end MP who slagged Liverpool off in the Echo are moaning that the club is helping overcrowding of the area by selling Melwood.

Yet  nothing was said about Everton selling Bellefield, the housing estate built next to Holly Lodge school and the other new houses built between the old train station and the bowling club. 

West Derby badly needs a train station so the councillors should be pushing for that old line to be reopened. It would also help with Alder Hey as its difficult to get to unless you get on the 10A with all the other smelly cunts.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Funny how most people including that bell end MP who slagged Liverpool off in the Echo are moaning that the club is helping overcrowding of the area by selling Melwood.

Yet  nothing was said about Everton selling Bellefield, the housing estate built next to Holly Lodge school and the other new houses built between the old train station and the bowling club. 

West Derby badly needs a train station so the councillors should be pushing for that old line to be reopened. It would also help with Alder Hey as its difficult to get to unless you get on the 10A with all the other smelly cunts.

I wasn't here when Everton sold up but would have said exactly the same thing.

Defo need to re-open the station. Mill Lane is constantly fucking chocker. 

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Our house is called Melwood in honour of the place. Not going to rename it Kirkby either, no disrespect to Kirkby like.

We have to name our house? I never knew that. 

I've just called ours Bernie in honour of Bernie Mac. 

There's no way they are not going to build houses. Councils are being told they have to build houses. Round where I am they are knocking down a small commercial area by the train station and over 1000 flats are being built. Loads of complaints as there a 28 story block of flats but the government ha e told the council it has to be built and they can't stop it

• 8 months later...

Just happy that we won the title  while still at Melwood. Kind of like an elderly person, once they know something that's long been on their mind has been resolved, and they can now let go and rest in peace.

RIP Melwood. Your name will be forever in our hearts and minds.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Melwood site formally handed over to Torus for the transformation and building of affordable social housing and housing for vulnerable people. Can only be a good thing for Liverpool and the people of Liverpool.

Hey have done a good plan for Lightbody Street opposite the Titanic hotel and on the canal. Not just stumpy Redrow box homes  

• Upvote 1