You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Melwood

AngryOfTuebrook

I heard something a while back about the club wanting to bring Melwood and the Academy closer together. I suppose moving the first team to Kirkby is by far cheaper, quicker and easier than the other way round. When you factor in receipts for the disposal of the vacant land it becomes a no-brainer.

I heard that Knowsley planners approved the Kirkby move yesterday. I wonder if Sir Topham Hatt will buy the land of us like he did for his chums.

Wasn't there something in the news the other week about them putting planning permission in for extensions at Melwood. Im sure it was a secret entrance / exit for the players to avoid their cars getting fingerprints on when they stopped for 2 mins to sign autographs

I heard something a while back about the club wanting to bring Melwood and the Academy closer together. I suppose moving the first team to Kirkby is by far cheaper, quicker and easier than the other way round. When you factor in receipts for the disposal of the vacant land it becomes a no-brainer.

I heard that Knowsley planners approved the Kirkby move yesterday. I wonder if Sir Topham Hatt will buy the land of us like he did for his chums.

The walking pork pie will probably have a block put on us selling Melwood unless we share the profits with Everton and the City Council.

• Upvote 1

I heard a whisper they were looking at the maghull/kirkby roundabout to build a new training ground bringing the seniors and academy together, but then I thought where's the benefit to the owners in doing that?

they could put it on Switch Island and bring the seniors, the academy and the traffic together. 

I was reading recently that you lot bought the land from St Francis' Xavier school. It used to be their school pitches/athletic grounds.

Named after two of the Priests 

You live and learn eh.

I here you lot are looking at buying St Fiddler Pervy playing fields. Also named after two priests.

Or maybe the council are for you.

• 4 months later...