You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wi-Fi repeater

stevkar

Looking for some advice,  Recently upgraded to sky fibre which downstairs is excellent but upstairs my wifi is patchy.  Got a 300 mbs repeater upstairs in the hall but not really helping.  Seen this on argos and was wondering if anyoner has any knowledge on this and could steer me on this one

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5742734.htm#specialoffers

price seems very reasonable but perhaps it cheap for a reason

Thanks in advance

I was looking at these recently too.  Having spoken to one or two people it seems that the performance is down to the quality of your electrical cabling.  If you have old cabling (like me), it's liable to be shit.  They seem to be a bit hit or miss, TalkTalk gave my Mum a set recently so she could plug her new FreeView box (downstairs) into her router (upstairs), and hers works fine. 

The alternative to that being to run a CAT5 cable from your router to a point upstairs and use a WAP or an old router to improve your WiFi signal.

Looking for some advice,  Recently upgraded to sky fibre which downstairs is excellent but upstairs my wifi is patchy.  Got a 300 mbs repeater upstairs in the hall but not really helping.  Seen this on argos and was wondering if anyoner has any knowledge on this and could steer me on this one

http://www.argos.co....m#specialoffers

price seems very reasonable but perhaps it cheap for a reason

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...