You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Oct 1-2 2016)

tlw content

benteke_pit.jpg

I said a couple of weeks back that Friday night footy is great when you win, but it’s also enjoyable when a Liverpool old boy scores at Goodison to take a couple of points off Everton. A nice way to kick off the weekend that. While any success for Palace isn’t ideal because… well, y’now, Alan fucking Pardew…. I’m happy for Christian Benteke and hope he continues to do well. 

He was a very good player before we signed him and he’s still a very good player now. He obviously wasn’t right for us but he handled himself well when he was here and was always professional and respectful, even when he left he stayed classy when others would have just bitched and complained. I’ve got a lot of time for him, in fact he’s probably taken over from Big Andy as my favourite big money flop.

His header to cancel out Lukaku’s free-kick was absolutely brilliant, it was the type of goal that had become his trademark at Villa but aside from one colossal header at the Kop end against Southampton we never saw it from him. That’s only partly his fault, as it’s difficult to score headers when no-one is crossing the ball. Palace have no qualms about just slinging the ball in so there’ll be plenty more where this came from, but there might not be too many better than this as it was a corker. Palace were unlucky not to win as they got hosed with a disallowed goal from Delaney that nine times out of ten would have been allowed to stand.

Overall it was a good weekend for us and the only thing that put a dampener on it was Arsenal. Their win at Burnley on Sunday was the absolute epitome of spawn. They didn’t do anywhere near enough to deserve the win and for the goal to come so late was a real sickener. What made it even worse was it shouldn’t have counted, as Koscielny’s shot was going into orbit before it hit his own hand and went in. Just fuck off Arsenal. 

Man, I really fucking hate Arsenal. I can live with City, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton, but these fuckers are second only to the Mancs in terms of who I most enjoy seeing lose these days. 

They’ve taken up that mantle from Chelsea. There was a time when I despised Chelsea more than anybody, but looking back it was mostly that thundercunt Mourinho. I’m largely indifferent to them now, mainly because they’re not very good anymore. They’re not that bad either, they just seem to be making up the numbers these days, a bit like we’ve been for much of the last twenty odd years. 

They beat Hull quite comfortably on Saturday, although it took them an hour to finally breakthrough when Willian curled one into the top corner after Curtis Davies bottled a 50-50 with Costa. You can’t be having your big hairy arsed centre half do that, it’s inexcusable as he should be seeing that as a chance to wallop the elephant man into the middle of next week. Big shithouse. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.