You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H), 8pm, 17/10/16 - Montag Nacht Fußball

Trumo

That sounds like a £50m + pound player Stringvest. The experience part alone probably means we are unlikely to be in the hunt for any names that would fit the description.

I know, but it's what we're crying out for.  When the front three/four are running around like blue arsed flies for 10 minutes, they need someone who can slow the pace down and give them a break from time to time while still retaining strong possession and shape.

Guest Pistonbroke

PL games are NOT with English comm and that is indeed the biggest downside for me. The service is still very new and I hope they will add the possibility to switch languages in the future. 

Quality is good, however there were several instances of stability issues in the first weeks (I have been using it from day 1). Most notable was at the Manchester derby, which they heavily advertised beforehand, and then their servers were down for the whole match. Resulting in a huge shitstorm and one additional free week for all users.

Free trial month is a good offer I think and later you can quit anytime you like as well.

It seems they have basically done a netflix sort of thing for Sport and are getting their feeds from Sky Germany, hence the German commentary (which is both tedious and shite) for PL games. Sky Germany used to offer dual commentary whereas you could choose the original English commentary. This was stopped a few seasons ago after Sky UK complained as all the pubs etc where going through Sky Germany as it was cheaper, therefore I can't see DANZ ever getting this option themselves. 

It would still be silly not to use the free months trial and I can easily cancel my account before it ends if I'm not satisfied. 

I can always find a stream (many in top quality) for our games, I usually have 4 or 5 on the go in case they start dropping. 

The biggest plus I can see on DANZ is that you can use two log ins which means my son could use it on his PC as well and it is available on a wide range of devices including Smart TV's which means I could use it on one of the Big screens we have. 

Thanks for the heads up and the info mate, rep duly on the way when I can. 

I've seen them come to Anfield for over 50 years and I can't recall them ever playing that many in a back line before. The one thing you could rely on was that they would stand toe to toe with us and best team won on the day.

Henderson could do with a Herrera attitude injection................

• Upvote 1

It seems they have basically done a netflix sort of thing for Sport and are getting their feeds from Sky Germany, hence the German commentary (which is both tedious and shite) for PL games. Sky Germany used to offer dual commentary whereas you could choose the original English commentary. This was stopped a few seasons ago after Sky UK complained as all the pubs etc where going through Sky Germany as it was cheaper, therefore I can't see DANZ ever getting this option themselves. 

It would still be silly not to use the free months trial and I can easily cancel my account before it ends if I'm not satisfied. 

I can always find a stream (many in top quality) for our games, I usually have 4 or 5 on the go in case they start dropping. 

The biggest plus I can see on DANZ is that you can use two log ins which means my son could use it on his PC as well and it is available on a wide range of devices including Smart TV's which means I could use it on one of the Big screens we have. 

Thanks for the heads up and the info mate, rep duly on the way when I can. 

Yep, they actually call themselved "Netflix of sports". They have nothing to do with Sky though mate, Sky lost the PL rights to the "Perform Group" http://www.performgroup.com/ at the end of last year . They have their own commentators and they are really "hit and miss"-territory. Loads of former not so great players as "co-commentators" (Tobias Schweinsteiger, Jonas Hummels etc). They have all kinds of stuff with original commentary as well, like NFL Redzone on Sundays.

I am/was a "free-stream" user as well - with all the positives and negatives that come with that - and I really appreciate just being able to switch between the Inter and the Barca matches without having to care for adblocking, laggy streams etc. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Yep, they actually call themselved "Netflix of sports". They have nothing to do with Sky though mate, Sky lost the PL rights to the "Perform Group" http://www.performgroup.com/ at the end of last year . They have their own commentators and they are really "hit and miss"-territory. Loads of former not so great players as "co-commentators" (Tobias Schweinsteiger, Jonas Hummels etc). They have all kinds of stuff with original commentary as well, like NFL Redzone on Sundays.

I am/was a "free-stream" user as well - with all the positives and negatives that come with that - and I really appreciate just being able to switch between the Inter and the Barca matches without having to care for adblocking, laggy streams etc. 

I'll definitely be giving it a go, as you say, it cuts out the chances of lagging or streams being pulled etc. I can put up with the shitty German commentary for a HD quality picture on the big Samsung and at a fraction of the price of Sky Germany (fucked that off a while back). I'm into NFL/Darts/Rugby which means it would be worth it just to get the PL and that. It will probably just be the PL that doesn't have dual comms option anyway.

Maybe there is a niche in the market for us two to approach DANZ and offer our services as commentators for them mate......

Setreal: Not the best game we are witnessing here Pisto.

Pisto: It''s fucking shite mate, Young diving all over the fucking place and that useless Portuguese prick lapping it up on the touchline. 

Setreal: I agree mate, Manc cunts get right on my tits. 

We need someone who can dominate midfield and dictate the pace and pattern of the game.   We have done for a few years now.  Someone who knows when it's time to put the foot on the ball, who can handle being put under pressure in possession, who will be an outlet for his teammates when they're in trouble.  

It has to be someone experienced (and no doubt expensive).  Someone who can bring and impart the knowledge about what it is to be a winner.  Someone who won't easily accept subpar performances from teammates.  

Weigl would be perfect for that role. Germany's 'next-gen' midfield is going to be very strong yet again.

Select any three from:

Weigl

Kimmich

Dahoud

Goretzka

Can

Carrick doesn't have the legs for it anymore. Might as well see if Xabi fancies a year back with us if that is what counts as the right player.

He never had, neither has Alonso. They don't need to run around because they read the game well, and don't give the ball away with every third pass.

It wasn't a serious suggestion, but there are times in almost every single where we're crying out for that sort of player. It wouldn't take anywhere near £50m to find someone to do the role.

Yeah Carrick was a top top player in his prime. Poor man's Alonso, but Alonso is one of the midfielder's of his generation, so no embarrassment.

Always liked Marchisio at Juventus.

We need someone who can dominate midfield and dictate the pace and pattern of the game.   We have done for a few years now.  Someone who knows when it's time to put the foot on the ball, who can handle being put under pressure in possession, who will be an outlet for his teammates when they're in trouble.  

It has to be someone experienced (and no doubt expensive).  Someone who can bring and impart the knowledge about what it is to be a winner.  Someone who won't easily accept subpar performances from teammates.  

5517__9496__8._gerrard.jpg

• Upvote 3

A friend missed game game last night due to work. He asked how Rooney did after he came on. I said that he played ok at right back. Says it all really.

Remember when under Ferguson they would play to the final whistle and always believed that they could score. Now they have an inferiority complex. Their manager said that Rushford played well something like "he closed down the lines". Their great air of invincibility is no more. Someone said here once about it mirroring us in the nineties. They are on to their 3rd manager now, have spent an absolute fortune and are 6th favourites for the title.

Ferguson didn't always have the best teams but his sides had an inner belief that they were the best and would win games. Mourinho wants them to have an underdog mentality.

It's manage decline and I am loving it.

• Upvote 1

I was getting a bit pissed off last night and most of this morning when reading or listening to the media coverage of the game and also after talking to some manc colleagues in work, I mean, did I watch a different game? What I saw was a home team having a bad first half hour and gifting possession with almost every pass, winning it back after the away team do next to nothing with the ball, rinse and repeat.

Second half seen the home team get on the ball more and keeping hold of it but struggling to break through ten men behind the ball. Add in time wasting, I'm sure Ashley Young has instruction to be furthest away from the bench on 90 minutes so he can pretend to not see his number on the board and proceed to dawdle his way off. But Yeh, masterclass from the special one and it appears he's not being called on it.

It's like Rafa cracking up all over again.

To be honest I'm thinking it may be a good thing; let the media keep bigging him up and hopefully it just makes for a more spectacular implosion. It also keeps the majority fans on side, they're not the brightest and most of them are happy to tow the media line, plus they have the world's most expensive player innit? Pity he looked like Carlton Palmer in his gangly pomp, running about trying to keep the ball as it's bouncing off his shins.

Fuck them and the horse they parade around on.

• Upvote 1

I particularly liked the way the press hacks had built us up as racing certs to win this by a country mile all week.

Then, after shitcoat had reduced the biggest club in the world (ho, ho) with the world's most expensive player (ho, ho, ho) to something pulis would be proud off with a fleet of parked charabancs, in the biggest game in the UK never mind England, to then fawn over said shitcoat because it's 'what he does well,' stiffling games.

Ive a manc supporting mate and he was furious about the game last night. He said when we go to their place, we're one of the few teams to have a go at them and he expects nothing less when they come to Anfield He said its shit that mourinho had them like a cup minnow playing not to get beat.

Mourinho is the only person that has ever made me agree with anything that Sepp Blatter has said when he called him ' An enemy of football',

Having said that, there had been a ridiculous amount of over exaggeration being bandied about by the media about how we are the heirs to Brazil 1970, when we are basically a team that can look like world-beaters in 20 minute bursts but still need to develop a harder shell in games that don't go totally our way. The media fawning over us gave Mourinho the perfect excuse to dip into his book of boring tactics.

I also think that the international breaks set everybody back a bit & disrupts rhythm, and this seemed very evident in our 'performance' in the first 30 minutes.

Mourinho is the only person that has ever made me agree with anything that Sepp Blatter has said when he called him ' An enemy of football',

Having said that, there had been a ridiculous amount of over exaggeration being bandied about by the media about how we are the heirs to Brazil 1970, when we are basically a team that can look like world-beaters in 20 minute bursts but still need to develop a harder shell in games that don't go totally our way. The media fawning over us gave Mourinho the perfect excuse to dip into his book of boring tactics.

I also think that the international breaks set everybody back a bit & disrupts rhythm, and this seemed very evident in our 'performance' in the first 30 minutes.

Yes,that international break is an absolute twat for breaking a winning team's composure and stability.