You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H), 8pm, 17/10/16 - Montag Nacht Fußball

Trumo

I find it genuinely amazing how Mourinho gets away with it. He's built sides designed to fight matches of attrition BUT with the world's most expensive players and an unlimited supply of cash.

When a smaller club pulls it off I genuinely admire that. If a club with limited resources uses tactics to punch above its weight that's fine, but how can you possibly go swaggering around splashing out world record amounts on players and then park the bus again and again.

He's football's Donald Trump. A classless piece of shit who masks his limitations with controversy and sound bites.

He's done nothing but defend, with buckets of money at his disposal, since Porto.

Aside from the Porto thing, just about the most overrated manager of all time.

Mourinho having a go at the atmosphere to gain love from the fans and move then away from looking how they played. Moyes tactic that.

It's actually interesting that despite their trophies and income, the mancs still have a small club mentality. They don't look outward and they don't celebrate their own footballing culture, nothing is celebrated or affirmed, the be-all and end-all of everything they do is about maintaining face. 

• Upvote 1

Nah, Rashford isn't that good, just young flavour of the Month with an awful lot to prove. Far too early in his career to start putting him on a pedestal mate. DeGea on the other hand......... Give us any top keeper and a very good CF who would suit Klopps game plan and we would be in with a very good shout. We have the manager to land it, we just need to stick with him and hope he picks up the players he needs to finish the jigsaw. If we stay away from injuries this season we are still in with a shout if we can have a run of wins up to January and strengthen a bit, most of our hard away games are done and dusted and our next set of games are very winnable on paper.

I thought Rashford played very well in a right back two

• Upvote 1

It's actually interesting that despite their trophies and income, the mancs still have a small club mentality. They don't look outward and they don't celebrate their own footballing culture, nothing is celebrated or affirmed, the be-all and end-all of everything they do is about maintaining face. 

And I'd say their retired most successful manager is quite satisfied every time they lose.

In a way you have to be encouraged that the media think we dropped 2 points against a team that had £250m spent on it this summer alone. It's a pity that the general public will lap this shit up as some kind of masterstroke against the odds by their manager.

We seem to be getting a lot of stick from the media this morning, like it was our fault the game was boring

Can looked rusty understandably.. however I think in the second half, he played a part in winning the midfield battle. Pogba ran riot against Netherlands midfield led by Wijnaldum.

do you prefer Can to Wijnaldum in our team?  I'm not convinced by Can at all, but I know others think he's decent.  

do you prefer Can to Wijnaldum in our team?  I'm not convinced by Can at all, but I know others think he's decent.  

He seems to have some very good attributes, but doesn't appear to be able to concentrate for 90 minutes. Well off the pace for the first half an hour yesterday, which is perhaps slightly understandable. I'm not sure that long term he really has a place in Klopp's team. 

He seems to have some very good attributes, but doesn't appear to be able to concentrate for 90 minutes. Well off the pace for the first half an hour yesterday, which is perhaps slightly understandable. I'm not sure that long term he really has a place in Klopp's team. 

That's where I am with him.  He can look like a world beater for 5 minutes, or even 45, but concentration seems to be a real weakness with him.  He often seems slow to react - I know he made an important clearance yesterday - and he's definitely lacking pace over the first few yards.  

Concentration can improve (though it seems to be persistently problematic), and his reading of the game can improve, but it will be interesting to see if Klopp has the patience to let him do his improving in the first team.

do you prefer Can to Wijnaldum in our team? I'm not convinced by Can at all, but I know others think he's decent.

I haven't seen enough of Wijnaldum in our current setup. From what I've seen, he's a tidy player, like a more physically gifted version of Joe Allen. I like Can. I like his physicality... and he's capable of turning out excellent performances e.g. in the run up to Europa final last season. He's still young and his development as a midfielder has been stunted by stints at right centre back for us and left back for Leverkusen. He's got the right temperament as well, as he always looks to drive the team forward, and he seems to always back himself in a contest.

Can's one of those players that has never put a run of consistent performances in a red shirt but gets adored by some sections of the fanbase, see Sakho, Allen for other examples.

Judging by the crowd reaction to him early doors last night, frustration is starting to creep in with him.

Can's one of those players that has never put a run of consistent performances in a red shirt but gets adored by some sections of the fanbase, see Sakho, Allen for other examples.

Judging by the crowd reaction to him early doors last night, frustration is starting to creep in with him.

Doesn't that apply to almost every current player? Not many in the squad has ever put in a run of consistent performances. Not even our most talented players like Coutinho and Sturridge. Everyone here has their favorites, etc...

I've come to the conclusion now after watching that game is Mourinho is an total and utter wankstain of a human being, a real boring predictable twat. How he can justify setting up with a back 6 with all the money he's spent and the club have spent over the last 3 years is beyond me.

On to our team, Sturridge is 100% finished here now for me, he's near enough useless now in every game he plays in, he offers nothing and doesn't get in the positions to actually score. He's gone so far backwards he's unrecognisable as a player. He needs selling at the first opportunity, anyone still defending him are either blind or have no clue about football.

Karius as well, I'm not sure if he's going to be good enough, I'm not writing the lad off because he is only 23 and is only playing in his first 4/5 games but surely if he can come and catch a ball and be demanding he can do that straight away because it's the basics of goalkeeping. His distribution was terrible also, he looks panicked when he gets it and i thought that was his strong point! He looks too much of a risk for £4m, he could become brilliant or could not, when we could have really spent a bit more and got Leno or someone similar.

Lallana is fundamental to the way we play, he came on and the game changed completely, his running opens up so much space for everyone else and he's so calm on the ball and technically good that he links up play.