You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H), 8pm, 17/10/16 - Montag Nacht Fußball

Trumo

Guest Pistonbroke

Fuck that tramp, he spouts shite after every dropped point to deflect his own failings. I can't wait for those rabid cunts at OT to turn on him, hopefully he'll fuck off into obscurity, I doubt it though, the wank English media love him. 

All that money spent and all he can do is contain and spoil. Ultimately their fans won't stand for it and he'll be done there, as you get the impression Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino and arguably even Koeman are a new breed taking the game forward; whereas Mourinho is looking increasingly like yesterday's man. He might have limited success given the economics in his favour, but I'm not even sure of that this time.

Small man past his best.

• Upvote 1

Coming off an international break is never easy, we were piss poor in that first half but were more than worthy of all three points on the second half performance, albeit was still a poor game overall. Not really bothered about what defeatists (not having weather beaten fan base thrown at me mate) think , we have played attractive football this season and in games like the one against Swansea showed that we can win away whilst playing under par. Your overall posting about tonight's game is way ott on the pessimistic scales mate, we weren't that bad and we have beaten better teams than the mancs this season so far, teams who will be our main rivals for a top 4 finish imo. Tonight's result is not as important as you seem to be making out, we would of all loved to have performed better and spanked them, but not even teams who have spent a shed more can win and perform well in every game. 

We are heading in the right direction and he has these players playing with a lot more confidence and like they want to play for each other, the manager and the fans. The more games they get under their belt the better they will be equipped. 

He (stringvest) doesn't like many of the players and just wants to have a go at the ones he doesn't like the most after every match.  It's a bit pitiful, really.  He can't enjoy the season for what it is - a really encouraging one so far - because all of the focus is negative.  

It's no way to support a team or enjoy a sport, in my opinion, but each to their own.  If that's what makes him happy. 

Coming off an international break is never easy, we were piss poor in that first half but were more than worthy of all three points on the second half performance, albeit was still a poor game overall. Not really bothered about what defeatists (not having weather beaten fan base thrown at me mate) think , we have played attractive football this season and in games like the one against Swansea showed that we can win away whilst playing under par. Your overall posting about tonight's game is way ott on the pessimistic scales mate, we weren't that bad and we have beaten better teams than the mancs this season so far, teams who will be our main rivals for a top 4 finish imo. Tonight's result is not as important as you seem to be making out, we would of all loved to have performed better and spanked them, but not even teams who have spent a shed more can win and perform well in every game.

We are heading in the right direction and he has these players playing with a lot more confidence and like they want to play for each other, the manager and the fans. The more games they get under their belt the better they will be equipped.

Agree with that. Mourinho set them up to deny us any space and it worked reasonably well.

If Lallana had started with Firmino up top I think we would have probably carved out a couple more chances and won the game.

Guest Pistonbroke

He (stringvest) doesn't like many of the players and just wants to have a go at the ones he doesn't like the most after every match.  It's a bit pitiful, really.  He can't enjoy the season for what it is - a really encouraging one so far - because all of the focus is negative.  

It's no way to support a team or enjoy a sport, in my opinion, but each to their own.  If that's what makes him happy. 

He wants a team of 11 Lallana's. Like you say and which I put in with my reply to Stringy, each to their own and opinions differ.

I do however dislike the "Weather Beaten Fan Base" quote though, a massive slap in the face for those who don't go to Anfield anymore for differing reasons, plenty have handed their hard earned cash to the club over the years. Everyone who supports/follows the club should have the right to a voice and opinion and being a match goer doesn't hold any super right in my eyes. 

Maybe I'm reading too much into what Stringy posted, hopefully he can honestly clear that up as it certainly came over in an Über sense. 

He wants a team of 11 Lallana's. Like you say and which I put in with my reply to Stringy, each to their own and opinions differ.

I do however dislike the "Weather Beaten Fan Base" quote though, a massive slap in the face for those who don't go to Anfield anymore for differing reasons, plenty have handed their hard earned cash to the club over the years. Everyone who supports/follows the club should have the right to a voice and opinion and being a match goer doesn't hold any super right in my eyes. 

Maybe I'm reading too much into what Stringy posted, hopefully he can honestly clear that up as it certainly came over in an Über sense. 

Yep, insulting non match-goers is also a stringy favourite. 

I think it's a combination of things. All the media hype going into this game must have got to the players and most of them are too young and inexperienced to cope with the mental side of a  game of this magnitude. We should also learn to manage energy better, pressing is well and good but you cannot go gung- ho for the entire 90 min. of a game. Tired and limping legs were all over the pitch toward the end. And then the substitutions! Origi coming on for the last 10 mins doesn't make sense and it's is not the first time that Klopp has made too late a sub to make any difference in a game. 

Having said that I'm satisfied with a point against Scum today. We're still three points above them and within shouting distance of the league leaders.  

I think it was his heavy touch that gave Valencia(?) time to catch up with him. I'm not saying Sturridge had a good game, but i thought Mane and Firmino were worse, and the stats backed me up this time .

My eyes tell me differently so you can shove your stats were the sun don't shine.

STATS my Arse

• Downvote 1

9   Sadio Mané 24, FWR  6.19  

10   Daniel Sturridge (59′)27, FW  5.95   

11   Roberto Firmino (84′)25, FWL  6.82

Uh oh. The only player on the pitch for either side below 6.

BTW - this is like the new standardized school testing - you get about 5.5 just for spelling your name right.

22 touches - Lambanana had 28 in his cameo.

Nice night Danny.

Nearly put 50 quid on us when I saw the teams. Thank Christ I didn't or I'd be feeling a lot worse right about now.

Poor game that wasn't helped by the media, ex players and everyone else hyping it up in the manner they did. Not to mention everyone making out the Mancs were shite. 0-0 was the only outcome after all that. There was no way they were coming here and letting us make them look like clowns

I just don't think we're mentally strong enough for the top top games.  

As much as your getting stick tonight. That is'nt far off and for me its the inexperience of the squad which the owners have wanted.

Any high pressure matches they struggle in, Both cup finals and tonight. Klopp has nailed it and i said the same to my mate before the game.

Its having that composure under pressure in games with few chances, picking the right pass, taking one touch instead of 3. it comes with experience which a lot of our players don't have.

Both teams were shit scared to make mistakes which turned the game into a borefest.  

Way too much time fucking around on the ball letting the mancs regroup instead of moving it on as we have been doing previously.

First clean sheet of the season against the most overhyped players on Earth?

Van Gaal's Utd side rocked up at Anfield the last two season and won. The first of those wins they played very well and deserved it. Last season they didn't. Anyway, shitcoat spends over 200 million on players this summer, turns up at Anfield, has his side put in a performance like that and yet it's seen as some sort of tactical masterclass by the manc lovin Sky Sports media. Fuck off with that shit! WBA will attempt to play exactly the same way on Saturday. Will those in the media be fawning over Pulis as much as shitcoat if they manage to secure a point at Anfield this weekend? I somehow doubt it.

• Upvote 1

I find it genuinely amazing how Mourinho gets away with it. He's built sides designed to fight matches of attrition BUT with the world's most expensive players and an unlimited supply of cash.

When a smaller club pulls it off I genuinely admire that. If a club with limited resources uses tactics to punch above its weight that's fine, but how can you possibly go swaggering around splashing out world record amounts on players and then park the bus again and again.

He's football's Donald Trump. A classless piece of shit who masks his limitations with controversy and sound bites.