You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H), 8pm, 17/10/16 - Montag Nacht Fußball

Trumo

Overall we were the better side, would of certainly won if it if it weren't for that fucking keeper.

£89m for Pogba ??? Mental.

What on earth would any of Barcelona's top three go for when this guy costs £89m?

His final ball/shot is generally over/under hit. Him and his pricetag and his dabbing can go right into the shiteness of modern football thread. 

• Upvote 1

aRdja is the most predictable poster on here. Will never under any circumstances praise Firmino and will never under any circumstances criticize Sturridge.

I said Sturridge wasn't great tonight, but the lack of support didn't help him. Do you think Firmino and Mane were good?

aRdja is the most predictable poster on here. Will never under any circumstances praise Firmino and will never under any circumstances criticize Sturridge.

Don't understand why you got negged for this.  I haven't noticed the Sturridge stuff, but he clearly doesn't understand what Firmino gives to the side when played centrally.  Lallana coming on completely changed the game, not only is he a good player, it allowed Firmino and Coutinho to take up their natural positions. 

• Upvote 1

Sturridge was worse than both of them, it's all about opinions I know so happy to point out yours in this case is wrong.

Sturridge lost possession 4 times to Firmino's 5 times and Mane's 6 times.

Sturridge's pass completion rate was 76% to Mane's 73% and Firmino 59%.

He was nowhere near his best but her didn't get enough help from his attacking midfielders.

Guest Pistonbroke

Swap Sturridge and Karius for Rashford and De Gea and we would win the league

Nah, Rashford isn't that good, just young flavour of the Month with an awful lot to prove. Far too early in his career to start putting him on a pedestal mate. DeGea on the other hand......... Give us any top keeper and a very good CF who would suit Klopps game plan and we would be in with a very good shout. We have the manager to land it, we just need to stick with him and hope he picks up the players he needs to finish the jigsaw. If we stay away from injuries this season we are still in with a shout if we can have a run of wins up to January and strengthen a bit, most of our hard away games are done and dusted and our next set of games are very winnable on paper. 

Sturridge lost possession 4 times to Firmino 5 times and Mane 6 times.

He was nowhere near his best but her didn't get enough help from his attacking midfielders \.

this is why stats are the first refuge of the clueless.  

• Upvote 1

Sturridge lost possession 4 times to Firmino 5 times and Mane 6 times.

He was nowhere near his best but her didn't get enough help from his attacking midfielders \.

Maybe Firmino and Mane lost the ball more because they were actually involved more ?

I didn't mean to be offensive (I know, I just am), but those stats are as meaningless as those that tell us Henderson passed the ball a million times.  Watch the game, you can see how poor Sturridge was.  More static than a 12 berth caravan in Prestatyn.

I watched the game, I know he wasn't the best... We didn't give him enough to work with though. We didn't manage to create a single chance for him to have a go.

We deserved to win, cunt face parked the bus, quarter of a billion pounds spent to turn into fucking Wimbledon.

I'd much rather be us than them, and deep down so too would every single Manc rat out there. Knorring away at their souls in their rat infested nightmares.

They'd have to take stock of the situation first.

• Upvote 2

It looks a bit like it's slipping away at Anfield for Sturridge, to me. He's not in our best eleven and when he has a chance he didn't grasp it with both hands, to say the least.

I can see us replacing him either in January or, more likely, next summer. It's hard to say who with, but I predict someone very fast, who can also offer a bit of width, probably a younger player for Klopp to mould, but not so undeveloped that he can't come and be useful right from the off.

Inaki Williams.

• Upvote 1

I watched the game, I know he wasn't the best... We didn't give him enough to work with though. We didn't manage to create a single chance for him to have a go.

I agree.  But he didn't make the effort to create any space.  I'm not suggesting the ball would have got through to him, because the others were awful too, but it was obvious to me that he just wasn't moving and pulling anyone around.  Or rather he did it a couple of times, but the rest of the times he was waiting for the ball to feet and there was no chance of that happening when the others were just gifting the ball back to United.