You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H), 8pm, 17/10/16 - Montag Nacht Fußball

Trumo

Well we didnt conceed and kept a clean sheet which a few people will undoubtedly miss.

Sure, a disappointing game but what do you expect when one team is set up for the draw? I think that's the first time Ive seen that lot come to Anfield set up for a draw and play for a draw.

No doubt the arseholes in the press will laud maureen but really what for? he's got the world's most expensive footballer in his team and he plays like that, for the draw/ He can fuck off and take all the fleet street hacks who'll lick his ring piece.

Thought a few of our international players looked tired. mane looked very ineffective. Firmino and Coutinho looked a little leggy too.

We just dont look as good with sturridge down the middle but forced changes to Gino and lallana (gulp!) and all things together, we just didnt get out of first gear until around 60 minutes.

As disappointing as it is, Id take the draw as it means we havent lost and its a marathon not a sprint.

Karius, sorry, just doesn tlook confident to me which is surprising. But, I dont think Klopp can not drop him now until he makes a costly mistake.

We've got a run of games now that we must maximise the points from. Those are more important now.

Oh and after all the shite, I thought the ref had quite a good game.

Oh and herrera MoTM? Thought Milner was better myself.

We were very poor.  Lost our nerve before the game started.  Firmino, Can, and - a shot and a flick aside - Coutinho, spent the game getting dispossessed and passing the ball to the opposition.  Mane had his worse game for us but was comfortably better than those three.  Sturridge criminally bad.  Static.  Lallana comes on, playing in midfield, and runs all over the park dragging defenders around and creating space for the other hapless fucks to play in.  Gets some tackles in as well.  

Milner, Lallana, Matip the only players who didn't crumble there.  

Bottlers. 

Strange how the 3 players you mention as not crumbling are the ones who didnt have international football to contend with, no?

• Upvote 2

He's single handily costing the manc cunts a fucking fortune. I can't see him being anywhere near the player he was in Italy, he was tripe the first time around for the mancs, you never go back to an ex as it rarely works out. Ibrahimovic is their Sturridge, a broken player who will score now and again but has fuck all pace to upset decent defenders anymore. For all the money they have spunked on players and wages they have far more problems than us. 

They are mancs for a start.

• Upvote 1

If i take one thing from that game, it's that we don't have that utter twat as our manager.

Utd fans will be probably be crowing about that point, but once this game is out of the way they still have Mr Anti football in charge which totally goes against their whole club ethos.

Fucking delighted we got Jurgen and long term we have got the right man in charge.

I'll take the point. Obviously I wish we'd play the whole match the way we did in the second half but for me this had all the makings of a bogey game for us. 1st game after an international break, with teams dropping points around us, and everyone wanting to hop on the bandwagon. These are the games we've gone out and lost in seasons past.

I agree with the sentiment that United stopped playing, particularly once Lallana changed things in our favor. The pundits here were calling it a Mourinho masterclass at the half and both seemed very encouraged about them after the game, but I've come to expect that so fuck 'em. The actual match commentary was a bit better, acknowledging that we dominated the second half and had it not been for De Gea would've likely won.

Guest Pistonbroke

4 shots on target the whole game, 3 for us and 1 for them. 4 Corners 3 to us 1 to them, 4 blocked shots 3 to us 1 to them 65% to 35% possession for us. We were way below par although we were a lot better in the second half. Mancs didn't even try in all truth, we will move on, I'd be shit worried as a Manc fan. 

No doubt the arseholes in the press will laud maureen but really what for?

I don't think so. Mourinho was loved the first time around at Chelsea, much less so last time, and hardly at all now.

Guardiola and (it has to be said) Klopp are the press darlings now. Pochettino to a slightly lesser extent.

Awful performance but not an awful result. Wijnaldum was a huge miss: Can took an age getting the ball out of his feet, which in this game is the margin for error. Ginni is seamless.

Henderson void of quality in tight areas. Less said about Sturridge the better: an albatross, and who'd think we'd be crying out for Lallana ahead of him.

Matip immense.

It wouldn't have done any harm for Klopp to get right up in Mourinho's grid straight after half time - set an example for the team - even if it meant missing the next couple.  

Sorry but that's just bollocks and lets maureen know he's won Klopp in the 'mind games' department. Fortunately Klopp has a lot more intelligence than that.

• Upvote 2

I think they did control that game. Their players at no time looked like their arse had gone, unlike ours.

I accept that a possession stat doesn't automatically mean out and out control but it's 65/35. Not the sort of stat that gives fatty Shelves the idea that they controlled it. DeGea stopped them losing that's all. Karius had nothing to do. Thank heavens.