You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H), 8pm, 17/10/16 - Montag Nacht Fußball

Trumo

If Clyne is injured then bring in Alexander-Arnold from the U23s.

You may laugh but this lad is the absolute business and he's been in stunning form for the reserves.  Only 17 but he's been on our bench before for the first team and if Clyne can't go I wouldn't mind giving him a run out.

Can't embed as it's not youtube but watch this for some of his highlights from this season so far.

• Upvote 1

I'm confident, but not to the extent of making egg on ones face style proclamations of drubbing etc.

I think it'll be a typical Mourinho effort. Stifle, dive, waste time, generally be cunts and then try to nick a goal and shut up shop.

But, if not, if they go their up until now usual 4-2-3-1, I think we could have a field day in the spaces between their midfield 2 and back 4. They've conceded a shit loads of attempts on target and a few goals because Pogba and A.N. Other have lacked discipline in tracking back.

Firmino up top, doing the dragging out of position stuff and Coutinho, Mane and Lallana/Wijnaldum flooding into the gaps in the box.

Easy, this footie lark.

You may laugh but this lad is the absolute business and he's been in stunning form for the reserves.  Only 17 but he's been on our bench before for the first team and if Clyne can't go I wouldn't mind giving him a run out.

Can't embed as it's not youtube but watch this for some of his highlights from this season so far.

I was at the 23's game last week v Sunderland and Alexander Arnold was brilliant going forward, fast as fuck and scored a cracker, gave their left back a right chasing.

Didn't have to do any actual defending tho, so can't comment on his prowess there.

With the movement we want to use up front a player with his touch is great as he can hold it while the others get around him. I think that's the main reason firmino is usually starting up there, but with our lack of depth out wide he goes to the wing and sturridge is easily our next best there.

You may laugh but this lad is the absolute business and he's been in stunning form for the reserves. Only 17 but he's been on our bench before for the first team and if Clyne can't go I wouldn't mind giving him a run out.

Isn't this the lad Gerrard bigged up? Haven't heard much about his since then but I don't really keep up to date with the youngsters. I always thought he was a midfielder too.

Isn't this the lad Gerrard bigged up? Haven't heard much about his since then but I don't really keep up to date with the youngsters. I always thought he was a midfielder too.

Not sure about Gerrard in particular but he's definitely seen as one of the bright ones in the youth setup.

He has played all over the place, started as a DM I think, then played further forward and on the wing before nailing down the right back spot as his own.  As someone mentioned up the thread, he doesn't get asked to do a lot of defending but he's competent when he is (up against Sunderland's Honeyman last week, meant to be one of the best in the entire U23 league, and shut him down) and he's ace going forward.

I really think he'll be one to come through and get 50 games for the first team, maybe a lot more before all is said and done.  He is clearly a class above the reserve league already at 17 (same can be said for Ben Woodburn, and Danny Ings who's been in there this past month as well).

United usually had our number at Anfield when LVG was in charge, with Fellaini usually causing us all sorts of problems.

It won't be as easy as people think. United are more than capable of beating us if they click and we're off form.

I'd bite someone's hand off for a 1-0 Milner penno right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

It will be a cracking game. They will be well up for it so we will have to start quickly, and I think we will. I fully expect plenty of snide stuff from them, and they are more than capable of scoring, from a variety of positions, against our leaky defence.

Going the other way if we play anything like we can we can score a couple or more. I would love to dish out a real hammering to them, as it could have wider repercussions than the three points. With that said, I'd settle for any kind of win, as getting the three points is all important.