You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H), 8pm, 17/10/16 - Montag Nacht Fußball

Trumo

Don't understand why you got negged for this.  I haven't noticed the Sturridge stuff, but he clearly doesn't understand what Firmino gives to the side when played centrally.  Lallana coming on completely changed the game, not only is he a good player, it allowed Firmino and Coutinho to take up their natural positions.

If 3 Stacks or yourself disagree with my post(s), then discuss the points as opposed to the poster.

• Upvote 1

Well, that was entrenched, to say the least.

Essentially De Gea saved their arses. Should have been 2-0, but he was equal to both Can's hidden scuff shot and Coutinho's pearler, which, had it gone in, would have been contender for goal of the season.

Having said that, I thought Coutinho under performed, and it could be argued that Klopp got it wrong in not substituting him with Lallana, instead of Sturridge.

I was dreading those usually lucky pricks snatching a very late winner, so in the end I felt a point was ok.

It was the least possession for the Mancs ever in a Prem game-and, we out ran them - so that's satisfying.

We're going well, but yes, a slight hiccup and we'll need to find our usual cutting edge asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Sturridge is broken. He simply cannot run in a way that will reliably give us options. It's all well and good saying that he was fed scraps. Is he also not meant to hold up the ball and make runs to provide space. Why does he always want the ball into feet and why does he dance around the fucking ball like some fucking fairy slowing everything down? I don't want to see him in the league again.

Sturridge is broken. He simply cannot run in a way that will reliably give us options. It's all well and good saying that he was fed scraps. Is he also not meant to hold up the ball and make runs to provide space. Why does he always want the ball into feet and why does he dance around the fucking ball like some fucking fairy slowing everything down? I don't want to see him in the league again.

do you want him dead, or just missing?

Guest Pistonbroke

We deserved to win, cunt face parked the bus, quarter of a billion pounds spent to turn into fucking Wimbledon.

I'd much rather be us than them, and deep down so too would every single Manc rat out there. Knorring away at their souls in their rat infested nightmares.

Out of rep but spot on mate. Had a text off my Irish manc mate after the match and he said as much himself, he fucking hates Mourinho and says a lot of their fans wish they still had LVG. 

If 3 Stacks or yourself disagree with my post(s), then discuss the points as opposed to the poster.

You're incapable of criticizing/praising certain players because you like/dislike them too much. Therefore, there is never any point in discussing your posts as you have no ability to have an unbiased opinion.

Pretty much the opposite has been the case as far as I can see, though the merits of that WBA side in disguise tonight are debatable.

I'm not talking about the normal league games, I'm talking about the United games and the cup finals.  Big pressure games.  Beating City and Arsenal is relatively small beer.  If we do well and are still in with a shout late on, ordinary games become pressure games.  We'll struggle again, unless we get a few in in January.

Guest Pistonbroke

not in finals or these united games.  The ones were the hype and the expectation is at its highest.  

Bit early to say about finals as although he got us to two it was in his first season. As far as the mancs go, we knocked them out of Europe last season beating them 2-0 at our place. Like Robbie says as well, we have beaten enough of the top teams since he has taken over. Not saying we don't go missing in games but things have improved dramatically since Klopp's arrival and with a few more astute signings we'll be even better. We were playing the best football in the league before the break least we all forget, this one performance against a manc team that showed little desire doesn't deserve all the negativity I'm reading mate. 

We have a very winnable run of games coming up, our rivals will take points off one another and were perched very neatly on the shoulder, surreptitiously looking to blast our spunk into old biddies eyes. Bet you those Sky cunts conveniently forgot to mention that.

Bring it on fuckers.

What has Rooney got to do with this?

I'm not talking about the normal league games, I'm talking about the United games and the cup finals.  Big pressure games.  Beating City and Arsenal is relatively small beer.  If we do well and are still in with a shout late on, ordinary games become pressure games.  We'll struggle again, unless we get a few in in January.

I'm not sure the difference is really which big games they were, although obviously today's was bigger than City and Arsenal. I think the difference is that people have been talking about how good we are now. Before people were surprised, now there is at least some degree of expectancy. Most people thought we'd win tonight, fans and neutrals alike. We don't have many players that are used to that.

Bit early to say about finals as although he got us to two it was in his first season. As far as the mancs go, we knocked them out of Europe last season beating them 2-0 at our place. Like Robbie says as well, we have beaten enough of the top teams since he has taken over. Not saying we don't go missing in games but things have improved dramatically since Klopp's arrival and with a few more astute signings we'll be even better. We were playing the best football in the league before the break least we all forget, this one performance against a manc team that showed little desire doesn't deserve all the negativity I'm reading mate. 

I think we probably played the way a lot of our more weatherbeaten fanbase thought we would.  There were more than a few that feared we'd spurn an opportunity to go to the top of the league.  It's what we have done before, and (hammy cliche alert) we seem to lack the strong characters in the team to drag us over the line by sheer force of will.  We looked panicky and overawed by the occasion, or perhaps by the opposition.  

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure the difference is really which big games they were, although obviously today's was bigger than City and Arsenal. I think the difference is that people have been talking about how good we are now. Before people were surprised, now there is at least some degree of expectancy. Most people thought we'd win tonight, fans and neutrals alike. We don't have many players that are used to that.

Maybe that's it, the expectancy. 

PerhapsI'm in the minority, but I'm fairly happy. 1 more point than the last four league games against that lot,and it shows how far we've come that they are happy to have hung on for a draw after van gaal beat us four times on the bounce in the league.

Our first clean sheet in this seasons prem and its against them and their 'special one', with two forwards paid 600,000 pounds a week between them, we couldn't hold Burnley out FFS, a good night as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1

Why ? You clearly don't listen.  I went round the houses with you when you refused to accept that Wijnaldum was a central midfielder.

I said he never played in a midfield two and I still stand by that, He's an attacking midfielder. He said it himself if you don't believe me.

"It is also a new position"

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10598704/jurgen-klopp-is-the-reason-i-joined-liverpool-says-georginio-wijnaldum

You're incapable of criticizing/praising certain players because you like/dislike them too much. Therefore, there is never any point in discussing your posts as you have no ability to have an unbiased opinion.

I admitted that Sturridge wasn''t great. Therefore I agreed with the general consensus. Hoewever I thought there were contributing factors e.g. Firmino and Mane having terrible games themselves... If you disagree with that than say it, I'm more than happy to discuss further,

Guest Pistonbroke

I think we probably played the way a lot of our more weatherbeaten fanbase thought we would.  There were more than a few that feared we'd spurn an opportunity to go to the top of the league.  It's what we have done before, and (hammy cliche alert) we seem to lack the strong characters in the team to drag us over the line by sheer force of will.  We looked panicky and overawed by the occasion, or perhaps by the opposition.  

Coming off an international break is never easy, we were piss poor in that first half but were more than worthy of all three points on the second half performance, albeit was still a poor game overall. Not really bothered about what defeatists (not having weather beaten fan base thrown at me mate) think , we have played attractive football this season and in games like the one against Swansea showed that we can win away whilst playing under par. Your overall posting about tonight's game is way ott on the pessimistic scales mate, we weren't that bad and we have beaten better teams than the mancs this season so far, teams who will be our main rivals for a top 4 finish imo. Tonight's result is not as important as you seem to be making out, we would of all loved to have performed better and spanked them, but not even teams who have spent a shed more can win and perform well in every game. 

We are heading in the right direction and he has these players playing with a lot more confidence and like they want to play for each other, the manager and the fans. The more games they get under their belt the better they will be equipped.