You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H), 8pm, 17/10/16 - Montag Nacht Fußball

Trumo

If we lose to them then it's not the end of the world.

They have De Gea, Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, therefore they have a fighting chance, no matter how confident we might be in our own ability.

The skill/test is to be able to rationalise a loss from time to time.

Of course we can beat them, we could put 5 past them, but let's be rational about this. The international break has made us rabid for club footy, let's not implode if we don't pick up all 3 points.

They have De Gea, Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, therefore they have a fighting chance, no matter how confident we might be in our own ability.

Of course we can beat them, we could put 5 past them, but let's be rational about this. The international break has made us rabid for club footy, let's not implode if we don't pick up all 3 points.

I'd be astounded if Ibrohimovic doesn't plant a header past one of our shite keepers, but hopefully we'll still have too much for them. I'm hoping and expecting the boys from Brazil will turn up for this one big time.

It's all about the fans this one. If the fans create the atmosphere of the Dortmund or Villareal games i can't see anything but 3 points for us and a massive meltdown from Mourinho.

They're inevitably going to go through the whole repertoire of Hillsborough songs, but i hope our fans rise above it and drown them out with support for the team. 

I read that Dixie Dean and Elisha Scott used to share a post match pint in The Lisbon (!)

Stringy might be able to verify this. he was old enough to get served in there back then.

Apparently Matt Busby used to meet Bill Shankly for a pint in the Wellington pub in Eccleston, between Prescot and St Helens. Bet they had some interesting conversations.

Apparently Matt Busby used to meet Bill Shankly for a pint in the Wellington pub in Eccleston, between Prescot and St Helens. Bet they had some interesting conversations.

If they wanted to be dicks, they could have asked to see the manager and when he came out just pointed at him and laugh.

"That's not a manager! [Point at selves.] These are managers!"

Managing expectations for your american overlords eh?*

*I miss nightcat.

Haha - I was only talking about that pub the other day.  My wife worked there for many years.

• Upvote 1

I'm pally with one of them lot who used to get involved in all that years ago, the word is there will be loads of them lot making a day of it looking for trouble.

As you've said yourself it's going to be much harder with the late K.O to keep eyes on them. There will defo be trouble somewhere at some point, I just hope no one who doesn't want to be caught up in it doesn't and it doesn't spoil future late K.O times between us.

Shithouse rats.

• Upvote 1

i feel like its all set up for a sucker punch. rivals dropping points, international break, manager of the month.

for fucks sake please just win

Exactly.

The triumphalism (not on here, but everywhere else I see Reds talking) is way over the top.  It's practically screaming out for a return to earth with a really painful bump.

Ugh, I don't even want to think about it.  Their fans will be ridiculous, and the media will be unbearable.  "Turning point for Mourinho," etc etc.

• Upvote 2