You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea (A), 12:30pm, 01/10/16 - Rumble in The Mumbles

Trumo

Spurs v City will be a draw, I reckon. If so, it will bunch it up a bit more.

Anyway, still made up about the win today. Iffy first half, but credit to Swansea as they got on the front foot and played with a lot of intensity. We were getting back in it but the halftime whistle blew before we equalized. Credit to our lads for that second half. Not perfect, and there's plenty to work on, but the fight was there, which was most pleasing.

We did not settle for a bad day. We fought hard and dug a result out. In many ways that was the most pleasing win so far this season.

Onwards and upwards.

Haven't noticed the post from whoever it is who starts every post match chat with

'just got in from the game'

- was it too far today?

- still travelling home?

- have you finally realised it's not a medal of honour, and no one is arsed if you have been or not?

Speak for yourself

Milner is an excellent player but I refuse to admit it because I was against the signing and it would mean changing my opinion on the Internet.

I'm going with the "he's so bad he's actually good" defence. It allows my original opinion to stand as well as cheer him on now.

Giggs on line for Swansea job??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/01/swansea-set-to-sack-francesco-guidolin-as-ryan-giggs-waits-in-th/

Giggs, the former Manchester United and Wales winger, is one of Swansea’s top targets to take over and is understood to have met with the club’s American owners in London on Thursday.

star-trek-make-it-so.jpg

10 years ago I sat in the Flute and watched my first reds game (which was also an away game against a team in white). It was against Bolton when Reina got done for handling outside the area. Yesterday's game looked to be heading a similar way with a couple of dodgy non-calls leading to their first, but luckily it turned out ok.

• Upvote 1

Didn't get to see much of the game but sounded like exactly what I didnt think this side had in them.

Shite first half, fell behind early and created nothing. Second half, went out and turned it around, stealing the three points .

The amount of chances our defence gift remains a big worry. Swansea could have been put of sight.

10 years ago I sat in the Flute and watched my first reds game (which was also an away game against a team in white). It was against Bolton when Reina got done for handling outside the area. Yesterday's game looked to be heading a similar way with a couple of dodgy non-calls leading to their first, but luckily it turned out ok.

Awful decision that; referee just did what the home crowd told him to. Reina had timed his release of the ball perfectly.

Before the Hull and Swansea matches I just wanted 6 points and didn't care how we got them.

After we smashed Hull all over anfield I'm even more impressed that we played poorly and dug out a result against a side that battled very hard for the points and also beat us last year.

• Upvote 1

Before the Hull and Swansea matches I just wanted 6 points and didn't care how we got them.

After we smashed Hull all over anfield I'm even more impressed that we played poorly and dug out a result against a side that battled very hard for the points and also beat us last year.

Yes,the result v Swansea could be very significant in the long run. We seemed to have learned a lesson or two from the Burnley game also.

Just read that Swansea sacked their manager and replaced him with the American, Bradley.

I feel a bit sorry for Guidolin there. It very much looked like his players were playing for him and fighting for their club in our match. If they played like that against most teams they would get something from the game. He seemed like a decent fella, an old school football man.

As for Bradley, its an interesting appointment by their new American owners. I'm not quite sure he will have what it takes and I predict things to get worse for Swansea. Time will tell.

As for Ryan Giggs, the kind part of me wants to say fair play for throwing his hat in the ring and trying to get a foothold on the managerial merry-go-round. But on the other hand you get the impression that he has been revising his expectations downwards since first casting his eye on the manager's chair at Old Trafford. He was an excellent player with a long and stellar career. It must be some reality to check for him at the moment. He thought he would assume the mantle at Old Trafford but then the suits went for an experienced manager, and why wouldn't they?

Giggs decided to part company and make his own way in the managerial world, presumably hoping, in the back of his mind, that one day he would come back, with more of a cv, to lead them.

Guess again Giggseh!

He will have to prove himself lower down, much lower down, and I'm not sure he will, for any number of reasons.