You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hull (H), 3pm, 24/09/16 - Dead Tiger F**k Juice

Trumo

I never bother looking at the League table properly till 5/6 games in, pleasantly surprised. Would of bit your hand off for that at the start of the season with the run of games we've had.

What are them lot doing 4th though? Takes a bit of a shine of it.

I was expecting us to be around tenth at this stage after looking at the fixture list. Thought we'd lose to both Arsenal and Chelsea away, pick up something at Spurs and I didn't know what to think about the Leicester game.

This start has surpassed my expectations, the Burnley result is a massive kick in the balls though.

We're in a good place.

• Upvote 1

That first half was a thing of beauty. I honestly cannot remember seeing the Red men so committed, energetic, mobile, inventive, supportive etc, etc. You name it, we did it in that first half. I would love to see the stats from that half alone, and also see what the average time was that we went without the ball. It couldn't have been in the minutes. Great display.

• Upvote 1

That was about as routine as a fixture between these sides ought to be, and a big part of that was the tempo of our play. We swarmed all over Hull when we had the ball, and we swarmed all over them when we lost it. They couldn't do a thing to stem the tide.

Well worked goals for Lallana and Mane, a couple of penalties for Milner and another howitzer from Coutinho were exactly what our play merited, and we look a much better side when the intensity and intent is there. No dithering about with possession for possession's sake. We could have had at least 5 in the first half alone, and still maybe a couple more when we eased off the pace in the last 20 minutes.

That said, we still conceded the sort of goal that comes from players switching off at the inopportune moment. I don't think Hull had any other attempts on goal apart from that one and a late Snodgrass free kick that sailed well over the bar. Sending off or not, they were always going to sit back and hope to nick a goal from a set piece.

I was just thinking that if Steve Bruce was still in charge of Hull, they'd probably still have scored in exactly the same manner - probably within the last 10 minutes - but we'd have only been one goal to the good at the time. We'd have dominated the game without looking really threatening and they'd have sat back and played for a point. That tended to be the pattern against any side of his that came to Anfield, no matter who was managing Liverpool at the time. Thank fuck they've got that ex-Manc slapdick Phelan in charge then.

As a side note, Hull seem to collect Spurs midfielders the way Sunderland collect Man Utd rejects.

• Upvote 1

not too arsed about their goal.   Our defender got their first and then we had two almost closing down the shot.  A million miles away from the shambolic goals weve gave away in the past where we left players in oceans of space.

These things happen, we banged in five.  Great day at the office.