You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Derby (A), EFL Cup, 7:45pm, 20/09/16 - EFL, not EDL, EDF or DFS

Trumo

I'd like to keep Mane, Coutinho and Sturridge away from this TBH.  Bobby F to get a few minutes.

Would like to see Grujic (if he's recovered from the shock) Ings, Karius, The Closer and Origi start.  Ejaria on the bench on Friday must mean he's in Klopps mind so perhaps he'll get a run out.

Suspect it'll be a much stronger team then we'd expect though as Klopp wants silverwear

As Matip has had injuries both recently and in the past, I'd give him a rest. Would play Lucas instead.

Although I'm not as a big a Moreno hater as most, I'd prob still play Milner as he's still learning the role and each game will give him that bit more know how. I'd start Alexander-Arnold on the other side to give Clyne a rest.

Can (if fit enough), Stewart and Grujic in midfield.

Origi up front with Ings as a wide forward, leaving one other attacking space left.

I'd play Harry Wilson because I think he is great, if not him then I'd play Wijnaldum as I'd be less concerned if he got injured plus playing further forward might see him get a goal which would be good for his confidence.

I think Klopp will play a much stronger team than mine though!

Karius,

Moreno, Lucas, Matip, Clyne,

Grujic, Henderson, Wijnaldum,

Mane, Ings, Origi

Subsies: Lovren, Milner, Stewart, Sturridge, Coutinho, Ejaria

Why the fuck would you play the moron at RB. The lad can barely remeber his name,asking him to play on the opposite flank would fry his tiny little mind
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope we play a fairly strong team as I want silverware! The Milk Cup has been good to us over the years, and with no European football to navigate this season we don't have to shuffle the pack as much. With that said, we should still make a few changes as we have some good players who need to find their groove this season. There are three players who really need to be in the team for this one though: 

Karius - let's see what you are made of lad!

Grujic - this seems made for him. Apparently not quite ready to start in the Prem yet, but if he's going to bridge the gap he needs games like this to state his case. 

Origi - he hasn't really got going yet this season. Last term he looked to have found a new level, and he looked like he knew how to use his pace and strength as he started finding the net. I don't know if Sturridge is injured much, after he came off against Chelsea, but with him even minor injuries have a way of going on for weeks, so Origi needs to be ready to play at a good level in the league. To help him get there the cup game will be just the thing he needs.

Beyond the three names mentioned I don't really care who is picked, so long as we win!

Don't understand this line of thinking.

Milner is in his 30's and Clyne is only 25. 

Milner gets the night off as it's more important he stays fit and rested so we don't have to play Moreno in the league.

Allows Milner to continue to adapt to the move to fullback, retains leadership on the pitch, and due to his international retirement, he'll be getting more rest time than Clyne, especially around this time of year - having had an international break at the start of this month, we're just a couple of weeks away from another, and there's 1 more in November to come too.

• Upvote 2

Team news is in for the 23s game against Spurs this evening.

Starting XI for @LFC: Grabara, Alexander-Arnold, Maguire, Ilori, Whelan, Stewart, Wilson ©, Virtue, Gomes, Brannagan, Woodburn.

Subs for @LFC: Brewitt, Lennon, Garcia, Phillips, Firth (GK)

Looks like Ejaria & Randall will be with the first team squad tomorrow. Should also mean that Ings will be involved tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Don't understand this line of thinking.

Milner is in his 30's and Clyne is only 25. 

Milner gets the night off as it's more important he stays fit and rested so we don't have to play Moreno in the league.

Agree

Milner should get rested and Moreno given a run out with a threat of a massive beating if he fucks up again,