You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joel Matip

aRdja

16 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Stollenwerk by Big Bird there.

QueensMail.jpg

She must have been standing on a milk crate for the first kiss.

Anywho - wish them both the best.

Except for the tight cut trousers, the dreadful lace ups and him caving on matching tangerine tie they will be ok.

The wedding day photo and the photo below it are different.

His suit is darker in the wedding photo. He’s also not wearing a tie. 

Her dress is lighter in the wedding photo & looks to have a different front. 

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The wedding day photo and the photo below it are different.

His suit is darker in the wedding photo. He’s also not wearing a tie. 

Her dress is lighter in the wedding photo & looks to have a different front. 

So there's a chance she has grown in the time between  the pictures.

How old is she.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, The Golden Eel said:

Or sign another CB and keep him as a back-up/4th choice who can play about 20 games across all competitions in a season or whatever. 

What's the point of that when you can't rely on when he will be fit. Oh and paying 100k a week for that

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

What's the point of that when you can't rely on when he will be fit. Oh and paying 100k a week for that

That's kind of my point - we're not really relying on him being fit. His fitness is an obvious issue but he's not permanently injured, there will be times when he's fit during a season and he can be used. If we assume any other CB signing, which I don't expect this summer, will be a less experienced player, it's surely no bad thing to have someone like Matip in reserve. If we let him leave, we'll have to sign someone else anyway so even paying him £5 million a year until the end of his contract, while not exactly great value, isn't that outrageous. 

59 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

That's kind of my point - we're not really relying on him being fit. His fitness is an obvious issue but he's not permanently injured, there will be times when he's fit during a season and he can be used. If we assume any other CB signing, which I don't expect this summer, will be a less experienced player, it's surely no bad thing to have someone like Matip in reserve. If we let him leave, we'll have to sign someone else anyway so even paying him £5 million a year until the end of his contract, while not exactly great value, isn't that outrageous. 

I ger your point, but I disagree. Having squad players that can never be relied upon to stay fit is not a great idea imo.

I do see it wont be easy to replace him with a player of similar quality, but that’s what we should aim for.