You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joel Matip

aRdja

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Shame, as he’d been great. We should be fine though - Van Dijk and one of Lovren, Gomez or even Fabinho if required. 

A similar injury to one of our front three would be a great deal more worrying. 

Fabinho at centre half after the way he's been bossing the midfield? No way. Lovren and Gomez isn't great cover and will do nothing to stop the palpatations.

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Prefer Gomez -- he was playing at a level before injury Lovren never has. 

But Lovren was the best centre back in the world, is he not now? 

I often defend Lovren on here because I think a lot of posters judge him particularly harshly and unfairly (like bizarrely blaming him for the goal we conceded against Spurs) but Klopp needs to use this as an opportunity to get Gomez up to speed as he’s the future.

• Upvote 2

I think we can get away with Lovren against most, but our away game v man city last season was ridiculous.  2 incredible teams playing at such a high level, and Citys gameplan was clearly let Lovren have the ball, knowing hes a level below everyone else in the team. 

Gomez has to come in now surely

Guest Pistonbroke

Certainly a blow, but the City game apart we have a nice run of games to cope with. Can't afford any more injuries in that department though. Lovren seems to be ahead of Gomez at the moment, we are not privvy to what goes on behind the scenes but I get the impression that Gomez is sulking and looks half arsed when called upon.