Quantcast
Joel Matip - Page 17 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

viRdjil

Joel Matip

Think he fell a bit awkwardly in the very last headed challenge before the final whistle as he was writhing on the ground. Klopp was asked about it at the press conference and said he knew nothing about any injury as the back room staff hadn’t mentioned it to him, only Trent’s sore foot and Milner’s cramp.

25 minutes ago, Einch said:

Shoulder injury? Had scans last night. Anyone know anything else?

Joel Matip has been taken to hospital to undergo tests on a shoulder injury during Liverpool's 1-0 Champions League win over Napoli.

Matip was injured during a collision in the closing stages of the game, and was taken to hospital for further tests.

Following the match, Klopp said of his players: “I’m not sure. Nobody told me anything about [Joel’s] shoulder, so hopefully that’s a good sign.

“Trent got a knock on his foot, we are not sure about what exactly it is. It is painful.

“Millie had cramps – I hope it was only cramp. That was it, I don’t know anything else.”

He got absolutely smashed by that Koulibaly right on the final whisltle...looked a bad challenge - he was down for a while.

We really can't afford another centre half to be fucked

TAA looked really down too and hurt.

Bad time for injuries to start piling up

8 minutes ago, etho said:

Balls. He makes me feel much calmer than Dejan at the back. He's good on the ball

Some of his forward passes through their midfield were absolutely brilliant yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I’ve never been a big fan of his, but he played very well last night. Hope he’s okay cos he deserves to keep his place.

30 minutes ago, Biscao said:

Some of his forward passes through their midfield were absolutely brilliant yesterday.

He's not shy about carrying the ball forward, either - all the way to the opponent's box, if needed. When he used to do this with Lovren, Mignolet and Moreno behind him, I'd have palpitations.  Van Dijk, Alisson and Robbo inspire a wee bit more confidence. 

38 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’ve never been a big fan of his, but he played very well last night. Hope he’s okay cos he deserves to keep his place.

We need him at the moment - be a big blow to have him out now

Defo need this fella back when no Super Joe Gomez is avaiable.

Feel bad for Lovesies as you could see the panic in him when he came on. Spooned an easy clearance then passed one directly out of play with his first two touches. He will disintegrate if he has to play v Utd

Lovren on Sunday probably.  Some sympathy for him last night getting chucked on at the death in a game like that after being out for a few weeks. More concerned about who plays RB if Trent is crocked,

4 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He's not shy about carrying the ball forward, either - all the way to the opponent's box, if needed. When he used to do this with Lovren, Mignolet and Moreno behind him, I'd have palpitations.  Van Dijk, Alisson and Robbo inspire a wee bit more confidence. 

He definitely benefits from better players around him. However I think his reputation has taken a hit since he's hardly been free of injury over a prolonged period of time since he arrived. When he plays he usually plays well and I prefer him to Lovren when both are fit. 

• Like 1