You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joel Matip

aRdja

15 hours ago, mattyq said:

He sounds like a thoroughly decent human

We have a team full of them

A team full of Earthly beings is a target well worth pursuing 

If the opportunity were to arise for us to sign a team of Martians, should we take it? 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

If the opportunity were to arise for us to sign a team of Martians, should we take it? 

Can they play in the CL? 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, and not a cult hero. Biscan was a cult hero. The Greek was a cult hero. 

Players that are sound, not quite good enough, but sometimes put in good performances are cult heroes.

He's far too good for that.

Mind you, we had the fucking thread about Kuyt being a cult hero.

Still freaks my nut out to this day.

Ah, Kyrgiakos. 

What a guy.

Sometimes the defender carrying the ball out is exactly what we need.  When he does it, it commits players to him and opens up options for the rest of the players.  I think he tends to do it more in games when we are struggling to break the deadlock.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Well they are Liverpool supporters, Red Planet, a whole planet of Reds

24 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Well they are Liverpool supporters, Red Planet, a whole planet of Reds

Mars against Venus is bound to end with a freak last minute winner by a short armed Venusian. 

3 hours ago, The Guest said:

Sometimes the defender carrying the ball out is exactly what we need.  When he does it, it commits players to him and opens up options for the rest of the players.  I think he tends to do it more in games when we are struggling to break the deadlock.

Get out of here with that reasoned, logical viewpoint.

More unfounded drivel please.

On 27/05/2019 at 14:23, 3 Stacks said:

Only played in two World Cups and loads of Champions League matches before he turned 25, no big deal. Basically a complete nobody before we signed him.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

• Downvote 1

On 26/05/2019 at 17:15, mattyq said:

He sounds like a thoroughly decent human

We have a team full of them

That’s no coincidence. I read somewhere that when Klopp meets potential new signings he doesnt talk to them about football at all. He said something along the lines of «.... I know they can play football, otherwise we wouldn’t be talking in the first place. I want to find out what kind of person/character they are»

• 2 months later...