You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 4 Leicester City 1 (Sep 10 2016)

tlw content

leicesterreport1.jpg

Well that was great. Absolutely top drawer stuff. Too often these “occasions” have seen us lay a big egg, but the unveiling of the new stand seemed to inspire rather than overwhelm the players, who really seemed to thrive on it. It couldn’t have really gone any better all things considered. Ok, we could have done without Lucas’ moment of madness, but aside from that this was boss. 

I think we can take more out of this game than we could from other big wins, such as hammering City last season and winning at Arsenal the other week. This could be significant not because we demolished the Champions, but because we absolutely destroyed a team who plays in the style that we often have problems with. 

Had we done this to Man City I’d have been made up, obviously, but it wouldn’t have really told us anything we didn’t already know. We can batter the top teams and make them look very ordinary, because our style is suited to running all over teams that want to play attractive, attacking football. Put us up against sides that want to just contain us and we’re usually the ones who end up looking ordinary. Not this time.

Leicester are a weird one because they have to be considered a top team but they play like most of the sides in the bottom half. They don’t play like a traditional top side and their style is what you generally get from the smaller clubs, but they do it so well they’ve become a top side. So you could say that we’ve just completely taken apart a team who are the best at playing the kind of style we usually struggle against. 

That’s definitely a big step in the right direction, but there’s little point in making any kind of judgement on this team until they’ve put together a run of eight or ten games without throwing in a stinker. Battering Leicester was great, I loved it, but we’ve been burned too many times to fall into that trap again. The only definitive judgement I’m prepared to make about this team is that when they’re good, they’re the best team in the country. They’ve just got to be good more often.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month. 

• Upvote 1

Few things Dave

1) I can't get anyway excited about this victory when I'm still seething about Burnley. Fair enough, they played well, but I want to see us in the top 4 in November and December before I start patting them on the back

2) When you consider Pogbart cost 100 million, Lallana at 25 looks positively cheap.

Good report that,great performance that,the running beyond the player with the ball was great to see,decision making and composure shown in the final third was very impressive,well said about kloppo,NOBODY tells us how to support our team,I hope he gets the message,as you say,we know what to fuck'n do with regards to this supporting lark

I wouldn’t put too much into this ”don’t shout my name”. Basically he’s just saying: “So far we’ve achieved nothing” and then using the opportunity to repeat “it’s all about the team”. It’s just a continuation of the “I’m the normal one” speech. And guess what; He's right! It is all about the team! And they have not achieved anything yet!

I like his reaction and can’t find any reason to sulk the “don’t you try to come here and teach us how to support”-song.

Go on Kloppo, forward and upwards. When you bring us no 19 I'll consider having my wife wank your tiny one.

• Upvote 1

"Dont tell us how to support our team, we know what to do"......except we dont.

Everyone has been bitching and moaning for years about the shite atmosphere at Anfield. We are, without doubt, one of the quietest grounds in the league. Amazing on our day but those days are very rare.

Klopp knows that when the crowd and team unite we can be a real fucking force. He's simply trying to get us going again. Who can blame him.

• Upvote 3

So FSG good?

I never said that. They've done a good job with the stand though.

We have the perfect opportunity on Friday to follow this up and get some real momentum.

Away wins over Arsenal and Chelsea in the first 5 weeks would be pretty impressive, even by our pessimistic standards.

Agreed, but what if we lose? Doesn't look so great then does it?

"Dont tell us how to support our team, we know what to do"......except we dont.

Everyone has been bitching and moaning for years about the shite atmosphere at Anfield. We are, without doubt, one of the quietest grounds in the league. Amazing on our day but those days are very rare.

Klopp knows that when the crowd and team unite we can be a real fucking force. He's simply trying to get us going again. Who can blame him.

By telling us not to sing his name? His logic is completely flawed anyway, all this "don't carry on like the game is over" crap. We know this team well enough to never take anything for granted. Besides, this is the fella who was running around the Emirates with Mané on his back!

I remember being on the Kop singing Piechnick's name and he turned and clapped...... with the ball actually in play and the other team attacking

Camara and Song both used to do that too. Houllier would do his nut over it.