You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

All these wish lists are fine and dandy but last January the yanks gave Klopp enough cash to get Steven Caulker and then in the summer we sold to buy.   It's extremely unlikely that'll they'll suddenly start spending.

There'll still be some defending them too cause they're not Hicks and Gillette, despite the holes in our squad.  Klopp has been doing fantastic to have us where he has in such a short space of time.

I think it is why Klopp has been linked with Pulisic and the likes. Attacking midfielders who score.

I think Wij will replace Mane on the right, nowhere near as good but would probably play better there than he does through the middle.

three of our last four pl goals have come from a direct result of mane's direct running/pace/power.

the run he made that won the pen to close game against sunderland...his opener today and his set up to can for the third today

wij won't add anything like that and it is as a massive loss when he goes, but it just highlights the lack of depth we have

I don't think an 18 year old winger is what we need. We need a established goalkeeper like Joe Hart. A proper left back like Ricardo Rodriguez (so we can put Milner back into the midfield) and a strong centre back like Virgil Van Dijk.

Another shit keeper is the last thing we need. There's a reason he plays for torino

Guest Pistonbroke

three of our last four pl goals have come from a direct result of mane's direct running/pace/power.

the run he made that won the pen to close game against sunderland...his opener today and his set up to can for the third today

wij won't add anything like that and it is as a massive loss when he goes, but it just highlights the lack of depth we have

I reckon Wij still starts out wide right when Mane shuffles off, unless of course we buy a right footed winger. Wijnaldum scored nearly a goal every second game for PSV, shows how shite the Dutch league is. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Another shit keeper is the last thing we need. There's a reason he plays for torino

He's far from being a shit keeper. Had a dodgy spell and City replaced him with a keeper who is worse if anything, City basically blamed him for dropping points when they should have been looking at their shit defenders. 

I'd take Joe in a HARTbeat if we could get him. 

I reckon Wij still starts out wide right when Mane shuffles off, unless of course we buy a right footed winger. Wijnaldum scored nearly a goal every second game for PSV, shows how shite the Dutch league is. 

For me the one thing that has struck me about Wor Gini is how woeful his finishing is. I think he is a useful player - has a knack for nicking the ball to a teammate or at least to a space where we can win it when he is in tight 50/50 spots, good energy and moves it quickly - but he has been shit in front of goal - and he has had a few very good chances.

Guest Pistonbroke

For me the one thing that has struck me about Wor Gini is how woeful his finishing is. I think he is a useful player - has a knack for nicking the ball to a teammate or at least to a space where we can win it when he is in tight 50/50 spots, good energy and moves it quickly - but he has been shit in front of goal - and he has had a few very good chances.

It's weird because he even scored goals for Newcastle before we got him. I know what you mean about him, he's like that nuisance player you have to battle against rather than a skillful one. Hopefully he comes good but he looks like second choice at best when everyone is fit. 

He is better than Karius and Mignolet, therefore good enough.. but unrealistic I think for it to happen in January.

He's dogshit, he's not good enough at all.

Mistake after mistake for years.

If that happens in January, I will fucking kill some cunt.

We'll stick with Karius until the summer, as we probably should. If he turns out not to be good enough then both him and Mignolet should be fucked off, Ward can be back up, and we then need to spend £20m/£30m on someone that isn't a gamble. Not someone "with potential". Not someone who is good at certain aspects of keeping but not at others. A proper top class goalkeeper.

There's a difference between wanting to buy a centre half for example (because we've seen how mediocre Lovren is for 2 1/2 years now) and wanting to buy a new goalkeeper because the one we bought this summer has been bad in like 3 of his starts. In short, we're not buying a new keeper, nor do we need one yet. 

No to Joe Hart.

Karius is our man. He was starting to look pretty good in the last few games, but then today he had a bad game, as did most of the team. Matip adds the calm authority to the whole defensive unit and he was sorely missed.

If the sort of stuff we've seen from Karius in the last few becomes he norm for much of the rest of the season, he will be our keeper for a long time to come and he will build on that and grow in authority. If the sort of jitters he started with, which again were evident today, become the norm, then I agree with Jairz - it will be time to go back into the market and buy an authoritative no.1.

I think Karius will be all right. Bad day today no doubt, but I still think he will come good.