You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

A laughable suggestion. Actually watch his games and rate him with the same standard that's put on Mignolet and Karius and you wouldn;t be coming out with that at all.

He's miles better than the two clowns. The game against United he was unbelievable.

He's miles better than the two clowns. The game against United he was unbelievable.

That and the game against us are obviously the only times you've ever watched him. He's a mediocre, 30 year old Championship lifer who's looked half-decent this season because Burnley allow the most amount of shots in the league. It's a terrible suggestion.

That and the game against us are obviously the only times you've ever watched him. He's a mediocre, 30 year old Championship lifer. It's a terrible suggestion.

I've seen enough of Mignolet and Karius to say that they're inferior goalkeepers. Heaton's like Buffon compared to the two clowns.

I don't think an 18 year old winger is what we need. We need a established goalkeeper like Joe Hart. A proper left back like Ricardo Rodriguez (so we can put Milner back into the midfield) and a strong centre back like Virgil Van Dijk. 

Milner is a better LB than Rodriguez and a better LB than CM.

Guest Pistonbroke

A keeper

A centre half

A forward

We won't do that of course

I doubt very much we'll be in for a forward regardless of what funds we have. Not a conventional forward anyway. 

I doubt very much we'll be in for a forward regardless of what funds we have. Not a conventional forward anyway.

Then fuck knows what we are gonna do when we are without Mane, as we are in jan and have a knock to either of Cou or Firmino...the slow ponderous, static devoid of ideas Liverpool we saw see out todays game is what we are without additions up front.

It's difficult to talk about this with rational thought at this point because our perception of what we need has been warped by a disappointing away defeat, and injuries to Ings, Sturridge, Coutinho and Matip.

I said difficult, not impossible.

Games are starting to come thick and fast now until the end of the season, and the games will be higher intensity, more riding on them, so for me it's vital we get reinforcements in.

Lacazette is once again proving his quality for Lyon, and we have to start facing facts about Sturridge, and also consider moving Firmino wide, his goal return just isn't quite there.

I'm not keen on a new CB, not midway through the season anyway. Klavan has to come back in as 3rd choice ahead of Lucas, and we have to hope that Gomez becomes available soon. Unless there's an amazing centre back with experience of winning things that becomes available at the right price.

One thing we do need is another magician, preferably one with pace, and these players are expensive and usually at CL clubs.

Guest Pistonbroke

Then fuck knows what we are gonna do when we are without Mane, as we are in jan and have a knock to either of Cou or Firmino...the slow ponderous, static devoid of ideas Liverpool we saw see out todays game is what we are without additions up front.

I think it is why Klopp has been linked with Pulisic and the likes. Attacking midfielders who score. 

I think Wij will replace Mane on the right, nowhere near as good but would probably play better there than he does through the middle. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Methinks Bobby Firms is 1 in 2 in the league this year - Might be better if you go from Jan.

It will be very difficult to find a better front man for us.

This season. Played 13 Scored 5

2016.............Played 28 Scored 15

You obviously have to add his assists to that. 

I don't think an 18 year old winger is what we need. We need a established goalkeeper like Joe Hart. A proper left back like Ricardo Rodriguez (so we can put Milner back into the midfield) and a strong centre back like Virgil Van Dijk. 

Pulisic is not your ordinary 18 year old winger though. He has a maturity level on the pitch well beyond his age. Reminds me of a young David Silva, except right-footed. Just naturally intelligent footballers. I would be very surprised if he doesn't end up being the best footballer America has produced to date (might not mean that much though when you consider Donovan, Reyna, Friedel, Dempsey, Howard are the ones probably vying for that accolade).

In fact, I would have Pulisic as the most intelligent player out of the three wingers we've been linked with so far (Brandt being the best dribbler and Promes arguably the most natural goalscorer). I would be made up with any of the three.