You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

On phone so can't post link.

Anyone watched much of Pavon?

http://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/liverpool-keeping-tabs-cristian-pavon

I used to be a huge watcher of Argentine football growing up before I moved to Europe, then I discovered the Reds and haven't looked back.  Of course, I haven't watched a full game of that league in about 5 years so all of my knowledge is basically useless here.

I will say that the Boca thing is two-sided for me.  Hated them so on the one hand, can't say that I want us to have their players lining up for us.  On the other hand, it can't be a bad thing to take one of their best away from them, so there's a silver lining.

I did just watch this review of his season so far from a bunch of Boca fans, and it sounds like they really, really like him.  Talking about how hard he works, how quick he is, how well he dribbles, etc.  They rate him as possibly Boca's best player, which is saying something for a 20-year old.  If you speak Spanish (even if you don't, you can still see a lot of highlights):

James Rodriguez supposedly out of Real in Jan. Juventus interested in loan, naturally, like they're always. How many good players they got on free/cheap/loan to permanent deal it's amazing. I think James would fit good, work ethic is there..

Too much £££££ for him.

James Rodriguez supposedly out of Real in Jan. Juventus interested in loan, naturally, like they're always. How many good players they got on free/cheap/loan to permanent deal it's amazing. I think James would fit good, work ethic is there..

Nah no thanks at all. Not a fan.

offer them their asking price for James Rodriguez and see what they actually say when we slap the money on the table, and see what his agent says when we offer to double his current 110k pw wages.

• Upvote 4

offer them their asking price for James Rodriguez and see what they actually say when we slap the money on the table, and see what his agent says when we offer to double his current 110k pw wages.

We are then left with a £0.5M and Big Vic on a 6 monther situation.

• Upvote 1

Dont be stupid. How can we compete with Mishri's billionaires

We don't care who the Red Shite scout.........

Call me crazy, but it makes me wonder if we're actually interested in him at all.

Imagine you were the agent of a fringe PL-level player that Everton were sniffing around.  What's the fastest way to guarantee they make a move for him?  Put it in the papers that Liverpool are interested!

All of a sudden, your Niasse/Besic signing is in the bag, with the Everton scouts eager to report back to their board that they "nicked one off the redshite."  Plus their fans will be hugely on board, with little regard to the actual quality of the player himself, the important thing is that supposedly Liverpool were in for him.

Not saying that's what's going on here; for all I know, he's actually good.  Just saying it's possible.

• Upvote 2

Cause this sounds exactly like how Liverpool act in the transfer market.