You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

Who would be the better option for us at Centre back. Nicolas Sule or Jonathan Tah?. Basically who would cost the most?.

Chelsea have been.linked with Kondogbia from Inter, even though they have Kanye and Notice. I think West Brom were linked with that left back from Schalke the other day to buy in January rather than wait to get him on a free in the summer.

Who would be the better option for us at Centre back. Nicolas Sule or Jonathan Tah?. Basically who would cost the most?.

Chelsea have been.linked with Kondogbia from Inter, even though they have Kanye and Notice. I think West Brom were linked with that left back from Schalke the other day to buy in January rather than wait to get him on a free in the summer.

Never seen Sule.. Tah looked really good against Spurs. He looked like he relishes one on one battles.. reminded me of that cunt at United from a few years back, Vidic.

How much will Klopp have to spend in January.. Pulisic won't be cheap and any of Brandt, Mahrez, Vardy et al will still be north of 15 million so unless John (wheres the money) Henry is willing to give him 30+ million to spend it will depend on sales I presume.

I think Mahrez would be wonderful. That said, I think Vardy would be a perfect fit as backup to Firmino.

Man can press and is quick. His goal drought is temporary but his value is now More realistic.

Vardy goal is him going back ti the norm. He has never been great. Last season was the first time outside the conference he scored over 16 goals in a season. He is also 30 in jan. Wouldn't want the prick anywhere near the team

Not Payet?

Wouldn't complain at Mahrez, Payet or Redmond tbh.

Don't think Payet has the pace/work rate for us for the money he'd cost.

Redmond has a lot of improving to do at Southampton before he is ready for a top team - don't think he'll make it personally, reminds a bit of Sterling with his passing/shooting letting down the rest of his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's almost like doing well in the league has made people forget who are owners are.   We're not going to be going out and spending mad money on the likes of Payet.

Hell, doing well is the perfect excuse for zero investment.  The only time these cunts invested in January was when they left Rodgers with one forward in his first season.

How much will Klopp have to spend in January.. Pulisic won't be cheap and any of Brandt, Mahrez, Vardy et al will still be north of 15 million so unless John (wheres the money) Henry is willing to give him 30+ million to spend it will depend on sales I presume.

Mahrez would be well north - like Northwest Territories north of 15m.

Depay does indeed strike me as a wrong un. He's into the trappings of football without yet realizing his potential properly.

However... IF (big if, but we have a special manager) he would be willing to come, and work, he could yet have a big future.

Arguably this sort of reasoning is coming from the same place that hoped Balotelli might get it together at Anfield, and besides, Man Utd wouldn't deal with us.

Still, I see a good player there. Fast. Strong. Skillful. Still young. But has lost his way a bit. Playing under Van Gaal and Mourinho, if your face doesn't fit, would damage anyone.

Depay does indeed strike me as a wrong un. He's into the trappings of football without yet realizing his potential properly.

However... IF (big if, but we have a special manager) he would be willing to come, and work, he could yet have a big future.

Arguably this sort of reasoning is coming from the same place that hoped Balotelli might get it together at Anfield, and besides, Man Utd wouldn't deal with us.

Still, I see a good player there. Fast. Strong. Skillful. Still young. But has Lisa st his way a bit. Playing under Van Gaal and Mourinho, if your face doesn't fit, would damage anyone.

Depay the Utd player isn't fast, he might have been for PSV, but certainly not for Utd.

I think Mahrez would be wonderful. That said, I think Vardy would be a perfect fit as backup to Firmino.

Man can press and is quick. His goal drought is temporary but his value is now More realistic.

Vardy? No thanks. Mahrez or Payet yeah but fuck Vardy. Cant see us doing much at all in January unless we get a few more bad injuries. We certainly won't be signing anyone straight for the starting 11. 

It's almost like doing well in the league has made people forget who are owners are. We're not going to be going out and spending mad money on the likes of Payet.

Hell, doing well is the perfect excuse for zero investment. The only time these cunts invested in January was when they left Rodgers with one forward in his first season.

I think we spent so little in Summer there should be money there if the right player was available, which to be fair is unlikely in January.

Wonder how that Alex Texeria fella is getting on in China? Waiting January and spending on Mane instead looks inspired now.

• Upvote 1

I would be very surprised if the owners wouldn't sanction a 30m purchase with us top of the league after showing a profit in the summer window.

I would also be very surprised if Jurgen asked them to.

I would be very surprised if the owners wouldn't sanction a 30m purchase with us top of the league after showing a profit in the summer window.

I would also be very surprised if Jurgen asked them to.

I'd be surprised if they did because they generally haven't but would almost expect them to because they never did (spend owt last summer).

I think we spent so little in Summer there should be money there if the right player was available, which to be fair is unlikely in January.

Wonder how that Alex Texeria fella is getting on in China? Waiting January and spending on Mane instead looks inspired now.

I'm also curious as to how he is performing in China. We spent a lot of time courting him so can only think he was well thought of. Just couldn't get the deal done at the time. Is he someone we could rekindle interest in?

Still, I see a good player there. Fast. Strong. Skillful. Still young. But has lost his way a bit. Playing under Van Gaal and Mourinho, if your face doesn't fit, would damage anyone.

If we had to take one of their cast offs it I'll whisper it quietly "Luke Shaw" assuming he is not broken beyond repair, We need a left back, he needs a move and he's only 21. The sort of player that could flourish under Klopp but has been written off by Mourinho