You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

I hope we don't sign anyone. We've got a settled squad who all look happy playing for one another and enough quality on the bench to back up the first team so no need to take the risk of bringing someone in who takes time to settle / upsets the current good mood.

Obviously If the likes of Aubameyang of Griezman become available then id hope we're in for them but other than the likes of those, I don't see where else we need to strengthen for this season so lets get behind the team we've got from now until May and piss this league.

So Klopp giving out quotes that we need a wide player in January now?

I would suggest that maybe means we already have something in the works.  Be surprised if he'd say that if he weren't fairly sure of whoever he's talking about.  Now to watch the media try to guess who it is.  I see the early guesses are all about Pulisic, which makes a certain amount of sense.

Wide player you say? Look no further than Mohamed Salah at the second time of asking.

Edwards must have a lengthy list of players he and the scouts recommended that ultimately went elsewhere and succeeded.  Salah may have looked like a dud at Chelsea but his sensational play at Roma won't have done our new sporting director's resume any harm.

I've heard Kylian Mbappe thrown out there, bit young but we've never really shied away from the young ones if they're good (and he is).  And this one should go in the amnesty thread and I know it would never, ever happen but I'd actually love it if we threw a 22m bid at United for Depay.  Chip on his shoulder, plus Klopp factor, could be just the recipe to unlock his massive, massive talent.  Would come with something to prove, the only problem would be it would surely take a while under Klopp for him to come good, so not so much a short-term solution.  At any rate, while I'm glad he's flopped at United I still think that in 3-4 years he'll be a world-class player somewhere.

So Klopp giving out quotes that we need a wide player in January now?

I would suggest that maybe means we already have something in the works. Be surprised if he'd say that if he weren't fairly sure of whoever he's talking about. Now to watch the media try to guess who it is. I see the early guesses are all about Pulisic, which makes a certain amount of sense.

I'd be giving Inter a call, work out a deal for Gabigol, loan with a view to buy in the summer. That would be perfect for us.

Pulisic sounds decent. Depay - is he still alive at Utd? Is is work rate high enough anyway? He can be a bit stubborn at times..

Also Wieser from Hertha and Dahoud from M'Gladbach, Tah from Leverkusen or Sule from Hoffenheim - those are the players I'd go from Bundes. 

Pulisic sounds decent. Depay - is he still alive at Utd? Is is work rate high enough anyway? He can be a bit stubborn at times..

Also Wieser from Hertha and Dahoud from M'Gladbach, Tah from Leverkusen or Sule from Hoffenheim - those are the players I'd go from Bundes.

Also really like Julian Brandt at Leverkuesen and Caglar Soyuncu at Freiburg.