You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

I think Zaha is a good player. The move to Man Utd came too soon, but since he went back to Palace he's done well. He is fast, tricky, stron and has a decent eye for goal. I think Klopp could take him to the next level.

The issue for me is how much he'd cost, as Prem teams are all relatively rich. So for the money he would likely cost, we could be looking at a more accomplished player from the continent.

PS - just saw post below. Didn't realize there were so few goals. Still, I think there are a lot of attributes there and Klopp could turn him into a real force. However, for the likely money, we could do better.

So Chelsea will be getting about 50 million for Oscar from China but we'll probably struggle to get half that for Sturridge and Sakho.

Imagine if we did flog the pair (and maybe Lucas and Moreno while we were at it) for 100 million to China and we went out and bought what we needed for a title challenge?

We don't necessarily have to replace Mane with pace, we could replace him with someone else who's a handful and works hard and takes two defenders with him everytime he gets on the ball.

Pace would be ideal, but there's other ways to do this. Origi could be the pace man, but we do still need another 'type' of forward up there who defenders hate playing against.

Burke hasn't played a lot so far, but then again, they're top of the league. If he was playing well and scoring tons of goals, he'd be out of our price range. He might already be out of reach as he's not long signed for them, but all the clues are there to suggest he's going to be an exciting forward player.

I'm more interested in why you'd think Modeste would be anything more than a car crash signing to be honest? Did you not see what Klopp did to Benteke? We would literally be buying the French version who's actually less mobile

And if Burke was playing well and scoring loads then no he wouldn't be out of our price range. In fact, Leipzig will be praying he performs well so a British club comes in for a ridiculous bid in the summer. Even though he's not starting much, he's been a useful inpact player for them

If you're going to go hipster and pick random players who players in Germany like you've done above, go for players that'd improve us for the style Klopp prefers such as like Weiser or Werner

Exactly averages 1 goal in 9 games in the championship and premier league

He is 24 so hardly an inexperienced youth either

In Zaha's defense he never got a look in at Utd and we don't know what he would do now in a decent side that;s not managed by the dancing dork. Probably not for us to find out though,

There's also been some Gabigol links doing the rounds. Not from anything remotely reliable though, but might be enough for CD to shoot his load.

I'd love that.  I'm sure there's absolutely nothing in it at all, but he's clearly very unhappy there.  Would be hilarious to take another highly-rated 20-year old Brasilian off Inter for a song and then watch him turn into a world-beater.  Plus he's exactly what we need, scores goals and can play anywhere across a front 3.

Never happen though.  So in the spirit of fantasy transfers only on the verge of realistic, I'd still love Lucas Moura from PSG.  They're finally playing him regularly, though, the time to get him was around last January when he looked lost there.  9 goals so far this season from the right wide forward position, would be perfect competition/backup for Mane.

Liverpool are being linked with Mainz attacker Yunus Malli.

The Turkey international has been linked with Spurs ahead of the January market after Mainz officials assured his minders they wouldn't block him from moving should the right offer arrive.

"Should we get an interesting offer, Mainz will put no obstacles in the way," Ilhan Malli, the midfielder's uncle, confirmed.

"We are open in terms of interested clubs. So far there is no offers, at least none concrete."

Malli is tied to Mainz until 2018 and his deal carries a €9 million buyout clause.

The well-connected 'Scouts in Attendance' have revealed Malli was watched by Liverpool scouts last week against Bayern Munich.

A player I like.

Not sure where he would fit in with Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana and Mane.

However, 9 million Euros for him is a steal.

6 goals and 5 assists in the league this season.

Further 2 goals in cups.

Shouldn't be allowed to switch seeing as he's already played for England. But FIFA being the bastion of consistency and fairness that it is, fully expect to see him at the ACON.

Shouldn't be allowed to switch seeing as he's already played for England. But FIFA being the bastion of consistency and fairness that it is, fully expect to see him at the ACON.

I don't think he played in a competitive match, just a friendly so he can still choose his nationality.