You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

But he can't keep fit, doesn't suit the brand of football & has lost some pace from three years ago. As talented as he is, he's not our best striker anymore - certainly not in Klopps eyes. Firmino is!

This is all true.

It's also not a reason to sell Sturridge.  Sturridge is a great striker, in the top 3 in the league.  To have him as an option off the bench would be an incredible luxury, even if he weren't the perfect fit for us.

The problem is not his ability, his style of play, or even his fitness issues (which could be minimised if he were used as a supersub most of the time).  The problem is that he'll never be willing to stay at a club where he's second choice, and he's never going to be first choice while we have a front 3 as well-suited to each other and as talented as CFM.

That's the only reason we should consider selling him.  I think he'll go in the summer, and I think it will be for a big fee (much more than the 25m that's been rumoured).  But it will be due to him wanting out more than Klopp wanting shut of him.

He's our most talented striker and he's our best goalscorer. Hit 50 goals quicker than Dalglish, Suarez, Owen, Fowler, Torres, etc.

Ian Rush is our top scorer of all time, doesn't mean he should be getting a run out at the weekend though.

Sturridge hasn't been fit for more than a few weeks at a time for 2 and a half years or so and the team has moved on.

13/14 Sturridge is excellent, 16/17 Sturridge can't stay fit, doesn't press and doesn't fit what we do.

Don't think we should be selling him in January unless we buy someone to replace him as we're a couple of injuries away from being very short and if (yeah I know) he could stay fit he could be hugely important at some point this season.

Beyond that I think it's about time we cut our losses and got rid. It's a shame as he could have been something really special for us but at some point you have to be ruthless and say enough.

Club comes first and he simply isn't providing anything more often than not. 

• Upvote 2

Firmino's just lacking that wee bit of nothing. Fantastic footballer who also ticks all the stat nerds' boxes.

I think he's always going to disappoint a few at times (including myself) with his relatively poor finishing. The thing is, it's relatively poor, relative to the plethora of top class finishers we've had as our star strikers over the years, and obviously Suarez is still fresh in memories after his last seasons was one of the most scintillating seasons from any striker in our history.

Glad we have Bobby though and hope he keeps doing what he's doing.

Suarez's finishing was brutal at the same age - just sayin.

I don't believe so:

Years             Team          Games (Goals)

2007–2011    Ajax            110 (81)

2011–2014    Liverpool    110 (69)

Not just stats either. If anything, the season with us where he hit the post a ridiculous amount, was the blip in an otherwise goal-fest of a career.

I don't believe so:

Not just stats either. If anything, the season with us where he hit the post a ridiculous amount, was the blip in an otherwise goal-fest of a career.

Harsh on Big Andy.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe so:

This has nothing to do with science. There are many scientific studies (which involve science) that show that not only is Bobby WhiteTeeths finishing no less effective than Wor Louie's at the same age but he has also set up elevnty more golas for the fellas around him at the same age and ran basically to the stadium and back each match day in comparison.

Suarez was hardly clinical before 2014.

Oh shit - EDIT -- yet to bite a fella.

Watching Juve v Dynamo Zagreb on TSN 5 HD atm.

Watching to see Ante Coric and how he stands up against the big boys. So far, so good. It's all Juve so far but it's obvious that the kid is a class act, great touch and control, nice set piece, like+ex to dribble and pass.

Top player and would be a great addition. Reminds me very much of our Phil.