You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

Melissa Reddy wrote today that Pulisic is the top target, although there is very little chance Dortmund will accept anything that is below 25m. She also said that Julian Brandt is an alternative and that Dahoud is no longer being considered, which I find unfortunate.

Pulisic, Brandt, Azmoun, Promes and Moussa Dembele are the January targets, it seems. 

Pulisic would be a good signing if we can persuade Dortmund. He can play as a winger, but he also has the versatility to play in other attacking roles. He has quick feet and an eye for a pass.

Look,I'm a dick, but I just don't see the potential with Pulisic in our system, he reminds me of Downing.

Klopp – Liverpool are ready to move in January transfer window if we need to

Reds boss still doesn't know it incomings will be required in New Year

BY IAN DOYLE

22:30, 3 DEC 2016UPDATED20:30, 3 DEC 2016

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool are prepared to move in the January transfer window – but does not yet know if it will be necessary.

Speculation has increased over the likelihood of the Reds being active in the market next month following Philippe Coutinho’s ankle injury.

The Brazilian will be missing for at least the next five weeks while Sadio Mane is expected to be absent for much of January due to African Cup of Nations commitments with Senegal.

Recent injuries to Adam Lallana, Daniel Sturridge and Roberto Firmino have left Liverpool short of senior options in attacking positions.

But Klopp has reiterated he is happy with the present squad and the work of the club’s recruitment team.

“Our scouting department had breakfast and I sat with them so we have all the time together, speaking ‘which for winter, which for summer’ and that is always like this,” said the Reds boss.

“You need to be prepared. That is what we try to be.

“At the end I have no idea if we do something in the winter or if not.

“Of course, the more injuries we have, the more you have to think about it but a lot of people thought in the summer we should have more players but I thought it worked out really well.

“Now it was a little bit unlucky with Phil and at the same time Roberto out and at the same time Daniel out and at the same time Lallana out.

“That situation would be difficult for each team in the world and you cannot prepare for that.

“I don’t need 20 options. I need the right options. It’s not about a number. Always in situations like this it is an opportunity for somebody else who might not be so close to the team.

“If I had five more players of the same quality they would not get enough games. It is better to bring a young player in.

“If all the other players stay fit we don’t need anything, we still have offensive options, we have young boys that look good, there are a lot of things we can change.”

Meanwhile, Klopp continues to show disdain for the “craziness” of rumours surrounding Liverpool’s transfer business, and believes such stories are often disrespectful to his squad.

“If I say we might buy, there is nothing else that will be talked about in this country until the 31st of January,” he said. “It makes absolutely no sense.

“For me it’s really difficult to be part of this transfer market craziness. It only disturbs, because when you talk about the players we need it is always a criticism of the players we have.

“If we think we need someone we will try everything we can to do it. If not, you can write what you like, we won’t do anything. We only want the right solution, not any solution.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-liverpool-transfer-january-window-12267413

I like the way Klopp is completely dismissive about the journalism in this country.

I know. He doesn't get embroiled in it at all. Just shrugs it off. Sounds like he doesn't even read the sports news to be honest. He really is fucking boss. 

Melissa Reddy wrote today that Pulisic is the top target, although there is very little chance Dortmund will accept anything that is below 25m. She also said that Julian Brandt is an alternative and that Dahoud is no longer being considered, which I find unfortunate.

Pulisic, Brandt, Azmoun, Promes and Moussa Dembele are the January targets, it seems. 

Dahoud's not been getting many starts for BMG. Whether that's a ploy to keep him at the club or because his form has gone I dont know but the former would be a strange policy.

Pulisic has been talked about in the media a lot but dortmund seem intent he's going nowhere. maybe if they get 'stupid English money' offer for him they'll let him go but Im guessing that will be a figure north of the £25m being talked.

Look,I'm a dick, but I just don't see the potential with Pulisic in our system, he reminds me of Downing.

Have you watched a lot of him?

I thought it was a lot of hype because he was American for a while, but if you watch a few Dortmund games you realise that he's genuinely good.  And becoming a regular at a club the size of Dortmund at 18 says something about you, as does the fact that two men as knowledgeable about young football players as Klopp and Zorc are having a tug-of-war over the boy.

No guarantees, but the signs are very good.  In 3-4 years he could be a tremendous player, and he's already a pretty good one.

Van Dijk must be the most sort after player in January.

You'd have thought Man City, Man Utd and maybe us are all interested in him.

Southampton will do well to hold on to him until the summer.

I think with City and Utd both needing a top quality CB the price would get so high which would make us go off him as Klopp likes value for money and he'd probably back himself and the scouts to find someone similar for a much cheap price elsewhere, like he did with Matip.