Quantcast
Tea and biscuits - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sugar Ape

Tea and biscuits

A question for regular tea drinkers, how long is the minimum time a tea can brew for before it can be considered stewed? 

I'm training down in London and made a cup of tea for one of the guys here. Tea bag was in for about a minute, put the milk in, not too much, but it looked weak so I put another bag in there post milk for another 2 minutes maximum. The guy chucked it claiming it was stewed. Now I don't drink tea that often but I'm not having any it that it's even possible to stew tea in under 5 minutes. 

I will admit I probably cunted it up by whacking in a 2nd bag after the milk though, doubt this stews it. What say you GF? 

It's easy to forget how tremendous a simple chocolate digestive with a brew is. My dad used to have his own chocolate digestives stashed away but I'd always nick one and he'd know and go mad, for years I thought he counted them but there was seven of us in that house and apparently we all used to nick one of his biscuits on the sly. 

I used to think all chocolate biscuits that weren’t completely covered in chocolate were a bit turd. However, I tried Choco Leibniz on the strength of a couple of posts in this thread and have to admit I was wrong. Choco Leibniz biscuits are boss.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I used to think all chocolate biscuits that weren’t completely covered in chocolate were a bit turd. However, I tried Choco Leibniz on the strength of a couple of posts in this thread and have to admit I was wrong. Choco Leibniz biscuits are boss.

Nazi.

18 hours ago, Remmie said:

A question for regular tea drinkers, how long is the minimum time a tea can brew for before it can be considered stewed? 

I'm training down in London and made a cup of tea for one of the guys here. Tea bag was in for about a minute, put the milk in, not too much, but it looked weak so I put another bag in there post milk for another 2 minutes maximum. The guy chucked it claiming it was stewed. Now I don't drink tea that often but I'm not having any it that it's even possible to stew tea in under 5 minutes. 

I will admit I probably cunted it up by whacking in a 2nd bag after the milk though, doubt this stews it. What say you GF? 

You always remove the tea bag before adding milk and any sugar. Rookie mistake.

9 hours ago, Remmie said:

Yes Vlad, I feel I've covered that. But how does it make the tea stewed

The fella is talking shit, it wasn’t stewed at all, it was just an awful brew. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Remmie said:

Stewed means it's been sitting in hot water for 20 minutes plus and it makes the leaves go bitter. 

You left the teabag in too long after making it wrong anyhow.

A proper cup of tea takes 3-5 minutes to brew.

It does not usually have a second bag swimming in milky tea though. Calling it shit is fair enough, but stewed is beyond the pale. I for one am OUTRAGED.

This country.