You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tea and biscuits

Sugar Ape

• 2 years later...

A question for regular tea drinkers, how long is the minimum time a tea can brew for before it can be considered stewed? 

I'm training down in London and made a cup of tea for one of the guys here. Tea bag was in for about a minute, put the milk in, not too much, but it looked weak so I put another bag in there post milk for another 2 minutes maximum. The guy chucked it claiming it was stewed. Now I don't drink tea that often but I'm not having any it that it's even possible to stew tea in under 5 minutes. 

I will admit I probably cunted it up by whacking in a 2nd bag after the milk though, doubt this stews it. What say you GF? 

It's easy to forget how tremendous a simple chocolate digestive with a brew is. My dad used to have his own chocolate digestives stashed away but I'd always nick one and he'd know and go mad, for years I thought he counted them but there was seven of us in that house and apparently we all used to nick one of his biscuits on the sly. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I used to think all chocolate biscuits that weren’t completely covered in chocolate were a bit turd. However, I tried Choco Leibniz on the strength of a couple of posts in this thread and have to admit I was wrong. Choco Leibniz biscuits are boss.

Nazi.

18 hours ago, Remmie said:

A question for regular tea drinkers, how long is the minimum time a tea can brew for before it can be considered stewed? 

I'm training down in London and made a cup of tea for one of the guys here. Tea bag was in for about a minute, put the milk in, not too much, but it looked weak so I put another bag in there post milk for another 2 minutes maximum. The guy chucked it claiming it was stewed. Now I don't drink tea that often but I'm not having any it that it's even possible to stew tea in under 5 minutes. 

I will admit I probably cunted it up by whacking in a 2nd bag after the milk though, doubt this stews it. What say you GF? 

You always remove the tea bag before adding milk and any sugar. Rookie mistake.

A proper cup of tea takes 3-5 minutes to brew.

It does not usually have a second bag swimming in milky tea though. Calling it shit is fair enough, but stewed is beyond the pale. I for one am OUTRAGED.

This country.

• 5 months later...

I had no idea that when water is boiled, the majority of the oxygen leaves the water. If you boil the water again, the drink from it will be very poor quality as it's mainly hydrogen being boiled.

I'll always add new water to the kettle before boiling it from this moment on.

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I had no idea that when water is boiled, the majority of the oxygen leaves the water. If you boil the water again, the drink from it will be very poor quality as it's mainly hydrogen being boiled.

I'll always add new water to the kettle before boiling it from this moment on.

I've been struggling to sleep lately and really need 8 hours tonight as I have a job interview tomorrow. 

Can you please keep going? 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I've been struggling to sleep lately and really need 8 hours tonight as I have a job interview tomorrow. 

Can you please keep going? 

Sure no problem. Today it looks like I might have lost the locking wheelnut key and I stumbled across a website where I can order a replacement. All I have to do is take a photo of the locking wheel nut, pay a relatively small fee and they will send a replacement.

Either that or they will come round and take my wheels off.

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Sure no problem. Today it looks like I might have lost the locking wheelnut key and I stumbled across a website where I can order a replacement. All I have to do is take a photo of the locking wheel nut, pay a relatively small fee and they will send a replacement.

Either that or they will come round and take my wheels off.

Christ anymore and I might fit a wank in as well 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Christ anymore and I might fit a wank in as well 

And yesterday I was waiting for a delivery. Except the delivery never came and the website said it's late. Oh dear.

But a delivery came. What could it be? It's not what I thought as it's not coming today. Turns out I pre-ordered a Nintendo Switch Lite which I completely forgot about. Opened the box and there it is.

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

And yesterday I was waiting for a delivery. Except the delivery never came and the website said it's late. Oh dear.

But a delivery came. What could it be? It's not what I thought as it's not coming today. Turns out I pre-ordered a Nintendo Switch Lite which I completely forgot about. Opened the box and there it is.

What were you expecting? 

*starts panting* 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

What were you expecting? 

*starts panting* 

A solid state drive for the PC that I set up. Haven't set up a PC for years. It seems to work OK though. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a999d5c4eb2af2a4a1