You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalian Atkinson Killed by Cops

skend04

Congratulations on entirely missing the point of the Black Lives Matter movement.

I'm astonished by Kloppite lacking the perceptiveness, nuance and depth required to grasp the relevance of 'Black Lives Matter' in the same way I am my dog failing to MOT the car.

I know this is a bit weird but wouldn't it be better forming an opinion about this when more facts have come out?

Tragic though it is it could be that he was acting like a full blown nutjob or it could be the rozzers acting the cunt

Difficult to say without knowing pretty much anything about what happened

A ludicrous assertion that will rightly see you laughed out of town.

I'm astonished by Kloppite lacking the perceptiveness, nuance and depth required to grasp the relevance of 'Black Lives Matter' in the same way I am my dog failing to MOT the car.

Just because i dont believr that the said individuals were killed by police just because they were black?

For me its not if the person is black white or yellow.

If you allocate tasers to police they will get overused. Maybe someone like Penrose is experienced but history tells us the police is comprised of all sorts. There wasn't exactly mass bloodshed on the streets of England prior to their use.

England isn't America and there have been very few police killed in hand to hand combat historically.

Originally they were only prescribed in extreme circumstances, now they zap kids.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/police-tasers-minors-children-a6999061.html

A Home Office review of less lethal options led to a trial of Tasers in five police

forces5 in 2003. This review restricted the use of Tasers to firearms officers, and

to incidents or operations where the criteria for the issue of firearms were met

and firearms authority had been granted.

Some would say tasers have been implemented to avoid contact and because the police have too many midgets and unhealthy fat people.

If you join the police or fire service there is always going to be a small element of risk involved due to the nature of the job.

• Upvote 1

For me its not if the person is black white or yellow.

If you allocate tasers to police they will get overused. Maybe someone like Penrose is experienced but history tells us the police is comprised of all sorts. There wasn't exactly mass bloodshed on the streets of England prior to their use.

England isn't America and there have been very few police killed in hand to hand combat historically.

Originally they were only prescribed in extreme circumstances, now they zap kids.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/police-tasers-minors-children-a6999061.html

A Home Office review of less lethal options led to a trial of Tasers in five police

forces5 in 2003. This review restricted the use of Tasers to firearms officers, and

to incidents or operations where the criteria for the issue of firearms were met

and firearms authority had been granted.

Some would say tasers have been implemented to avoid contact and because the police have too many midgets and unhealthy fat people.

If you join the police or fire service there is always going to be a small element of risk involved due to the nature of the job.

If anything Tasar is now used based on the increase in use of weapons, the stark increase in those using or willing to use violence against Police and the reduction in front line Police available as support.

Calling it a 'small risk' is a slight understatement. I saw a bloke bite my colleagues thumb off after smashing his hands through two panes of glass and grinding his own flesh in circles over the jagged edges until he stripped his arms to the bone. Neither of us had taser but it'd have helped both him, and us, enormously.

Don't really believe in police. In a civilised, communist society all problems are correctly recognised as social/medical/developmental problems and social workers/educators are the most respected positions in society.

This clown simply cannot be a real person.

• Upvote 1

If anything Tasar is now used based on the increase in use of weapons, the stark increase in those using or willing to use violence against Police and the reduction in front line Police available as support.

Calling it a 'small risk' is a slight understatement. I saw a bloke bite my colleagues thumb off after smashing his hands through two panes of glass and grinding his own flesh in circles over the jagged edges until he stripped his arms to the bone. Neither of us had taser but it'd have helped both him, and us, enormously.

More than 2/3rds of the people zapped have mental health issues and even minors are being on the end of it and on occasions people in police cells. Somethings not quite right there.

More than two-thirds of people who had a Taser used against them in England and Wales between 2010 and 2014 had been identified by police as mentally ill, according to Home Office figures released last year.

My argument is we all understand the fight flight response. As you pointed out your safety is your first thought. Of course there will be altercations it is part of being a police officer; but is this really the best way to manage the situation.

I have no problems police physically restraining people or using fair force but this has replaced it. First it moves from life threatening situations to where we have arrived now.

• Upvote 1

For precisely that reason.

I'm glad you homed in on it with such laser-precision.

It should have bern a march about all lives matter and not only black lives because if it wouldnt have been a black person but say chinese or indian person then race wouldnt have got in on it.
  • Downvote 1

More than 2/3rds of the people zapped have mental health issues and even minors are being on the end of it and on occasions people in police cells. Somethings not quite right there.

More than two-thirds of people who had a Taser used against them in England and Wales between 2010 and 2014 had been identified by police as mentally ill, according to Home Office figures released last year.

My argument is we all understand the fight flight response. As you pointed out your safety is your first thought. Of course there will be altercations it is part of being a police officer; but is this really the best way to manage the situation.

I have no problems police physically restraining people or using fair force but this has replaced it. First it moves from life threatening situations to where we have arrived now.

It hasn't replaced it. I've never seen one drawn or even used. I'm only aware of one deployment in my station this year.

Body cameras should clear this up, hopefully the force involved uses them.

The attitude to police on here is crazy. I went out with a copper for a few years and the real fear she could have been injured or killed at work every day does affect you. Remember when the copper was stabbed on the anti terror raid about 2003? That was on her patch on her shift. Waiting on a call to hear she was ok was fucking terrifying.