You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Barcelona - Wembley

Arl arse

It's really weird to see an opposing fan desperately trying to get a rise out of opposing fans on a random Internet forum. As if you could be arsed. Over the last couple of weeks it's been ramping up as there's been no real reaction to it. No it's ramped up more to almost obsession levels. Really interesting to watch.

It's really weird to see an opposing fan desperately trying to get a rise out of opposing fans on a random Internet forum. As if you could be arsed. Over the last couple of weeks it's been ramping up as there's been no real reaction to it. No it's ramped up more to almost obsession levels. Really interesting to watch.

I beg to differ.

It's probably one of the most boring, pitiful, unconvincing, unfunny trolls on the internet.

• Upvote 3

And if proof were needed that you are a (Manc supporting) WUM cunt, that is it. Can we please ban the fucking quim now?

How is Suarez not a snide? Why are you so offended by what he said. Did Suarez not do everything he could to leave us for Arsenal, yes Arsenal in 2013?

• Downvote 1

Suarez is a brilliant footballer. Possibly the most talented (not the best) player to ever play for us.But, how can people so easily forget the summer of 2013?

The thing is, Suarez was never really dishonest.

When we bought him, he was a guy who had been banned for biting another player and had gone on strike to force a transfer. That's the type of guy he is and we willingly paid £23m for him.

Like Mascherano, he is a mercenary, but he's also a mercenary who doesn't disguise that and gives everything when you're employing him.

That's the reason I still have loads of time for both those players, but can't stomach Torres.

• Upvote 2

How is Suarez not a snide? Why are you so offended by what he said. Did Suarez not do everything he could to leave us for Arsenal, yes Arsenal in 2013?

Even forgetting his highly questionable past he just tried to maim one of our only fit centre backs a week before the start of the season in a fucking friendly.

Great player, rubbish human being

Even forgetting his highly questionable past he just tried to maim one of our only fit centre backs a week before the start of the season in a fucking friendly.

Great player, rubbish human being

Watching that clip, it seems his rejection of the Shit is something new - something building, not so much historical LFC reasons to hate the rag.

Posted Image

I think the rag are going to go full force for us this season after we humiliated them on a national scale and exposed them as the lying shit pile they are.

They'll have had their paps abs door knockers out in force to get dirt on any of our players or staff.

This is over a story that's being run today in the rag that Lovren's wife had an affair and that was the cause of him missing the Euros.

Classy stuff, that is certainly in the public interest.

What would my morning have been like, without this prescient news?

• Upvote 5

Today was the 2nd highest ever crowd at the new Wembley.

Don't know if the 1st was a football event but seen this ... -

"Wembley officials have said they believe today to be the biggest gathering of fans from a single club in English football history."

Not wumming just curious as there would have been a lot of none lfc fans there to watch Barca but has there been any other pre season games at Wembly where Barca or anyone else has played?

Still considering England seem to play there alot it is a good stat.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Gerrard did that a few times too. 2004, 2005.

The saddest thing is that fans try to project their sense of loyalty to the club onto players.  Players are not fans first and players second.  They have risen to the top(ish) of their profession through years of hard work, and they would go anywhere prepared to give them the opportunity to better themselves and earn a decent living out of the game.  Just as any of us would, when we switch off the superfandom for a minute and think about real life (you know that bit of their lives where football doesn't really come into it).  

Players owe it to themselves and their families to do as well as they can in their career.   I have no issue with players and managers moving on to do better or earn more.  

• Upvote 2

The saddest thing is that fans try to project their sense of loyalty to the club onto players.  Players are not fans first and players second.  They have risen to the top(ish) of their profession through years of hard work, and they would go anywhere prepared to give them the opportunity to better themselves and earn a decent living out of the game.  Just as any of us would, when we switch off the superfandom for a minute and think about real life (you know that bit of their lives where football doesn't really come into it).  

Players owe it to themselves and their families to do as well as they can in their career.   I have no issue with players and managers moving on to do better or earn more.

Ordinarily, I would agree, but I think expecting a bit more from Flanagan than, say, Coutinho, is fair enough.

Ordinarily, I would agree, but I think expecting a bit more from Flanagan than, say, Coutinho, is fair enough.

but why? The lad has a 10 year shelf life.  He may not achieve the riches or the plaudits that Coutinho will, but the fact that you supported a club as a kid, or spent 5 years in their youth team are only of peripheral importance when it comes to your own ambitions in the game.  

I think that's the difference - fans think that players associate ambition with belonging to a club.  Players see ambition primarily as achievement in the game and as a way of setting them up for life.  Fans either just refuse to see that, or they really take against it.  They're the ones struggling with reality, not the players.  

• Upvote 4