You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Barcelona - Wembley

Arl arse

How can he be, he didn't cost a shitload and none of the no mark keyboard experts on here ever said we should go for him!

I don't understand it either.

No fucker posted his stats for weeks on end or had him in a fantasy line up either.

I'm calling bullshit on the whole thing.

• Upvote 1

Today was the 2nd highest ever crowd at the new Wembley.

Don't know if the 1st was a football event but seen this ... -

"Wembley officials have said they believe today to be the biggest gathering of fans from a single club in English football history."

• Upvote 2

Is that game an indicator of what our team i capable of? Who knows. 2 years ago, we tore strips off a Dortmund team with a similar display of purpose, pressing and composure in the final third. It looked like Poetry In Motion was well bedded in despite the departure of Suarez. In the season proper, we completely shit the bed and signed Balotelli - a player ill-suited to a team who were most effective when pressing intensely and charging into attack.

I don't know if Barcelona were just shit or simply couldn't be arsed but we played extremely well and looked full of purpose in the final third, and that in itself is pleasing to see. Approach every game with that attitude and it can make average players look great, and great players look world class.

Oh, and that was by a country mile the best I've seen us play at Wembley. Certainly at the new Wembley.

• Upvote 2