You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bluetooth / Wireless speaker advice

markcd

I want a speaker to connect to my Android phone, so I can listen to Spotify. That's about it really.

I have a couple of £10 ones, and they're shite - so thinking spending upto about £100 ? Current thoughts is a JBL Charge 3 but, really, i have no clue.

Can't afford a Bose one, but any recommendations / suggestions

ta.

thanks - I'll go and listen to one of those Bose ones - and then probably convince myself to buy the £250 one that you bought.... 

It's hard to look online at reviews, as it just seems really subjective; one review says the UE Boom is the best thing ever, another review says its garbage. I guess I'll just have to go to Currys....(shudders)

Look no further than. Anker. Of Amazon. Somebody on here recommended they do one the same as the Bose for a quarter of the price.

thanks - do you know if there any shops that sell them? I can't see anywhere on google, and I really want to listen to it first.

thanks - do you know if there any shops that sell them? I can't see anywhere on google, and I really want to listen to it first.

Know idea m8. I do know somebody done a side by side in depth review of one of the Anker speakers against the Bose and thought it was pretty much identical in sound and looks apart from the metal on the Bose. I opted for a cheaper one to try out and im really impressed with the sound quality, battery life and connection quality I am gonna get the bigger one similar to the Bose.

This is the one I purchased. https://www.anker.com/products/A3102011

Great and pretty loud. Could do with slight more bass..

This is the one similar to the Bose

https://www.anker.com/products/A3143011

I recommended this on here ages ago and it remains fucking ace. Great quality and value for the price:

Anker Ultra Portable Pocket Size Mini Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (12 Hour Playtime, NFC Compatibility, Passive Subwoofer) for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, PC and All Bluetooth Devices. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OJ43RIK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_RQFOxb1R0KH1A