You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool FC v AS Roma

Arl arse

Knee jerk reactions from those highlights:

Sturridge should have scored a couple

There's a massive gap in front of our back four

I hate that Nainggolan twat

The ball is one metre from the line and still Mignolet won't go out and get it, for fucks sake.

Firmino needs to cut his hair.

It seems to me that Mignolet makes a howler in every single game that he plays.

Starting to think I'd start the season with creaky old Manninger ahead of him.

Get well soon Loris Karius.

Where was the Mignolet howler there? He made a good save and Wisdom watched while Salah scored. Then Mignolet made a couple more good saves.

I'm not defending Mignolet in general. I think he's terrible. Just curious...

I might be wrong here but didn't Klopp say he wasn't interested in the results during preseason? Wasn't it more about getting the fitness levels up to where they should be? When you're training 3 times a day the performances are going to be up and down. Some people need to get their knickers untwisted, I'm not sure why you put so much emotion into what is essentially a kickabout.

• Upvote 1

Where was the Mignolet howler there? He made a good save and Wisdom watched while Salah scored. Then Mignolet made a couple more good saves.

I'm not defending Mignolet in general. I think he's terrible. Just curious...

I thought he stood there rooted to his line for the rebound, thought he could have quite easily cleared it or claimed it imo.

His nerves are more evident than his reflexes.

I thought he stood there rooted to his line for the rebound, thought he could have quite easily cleared it or claimed it imo.

He never leaves his line. That's a given. But what the fuck was Wisdom doing?

Incidentally, Wisdom looks more like Ainsley Harriott than a professional athlete these days...

He's back on his heels after the point blank save and not only has to to replant his feet but shift across his goal to get back in position while the defence stands and watches.

• Downvote 1

So in summary our keeper is shite

Our left back is shite

Our midfield offers the defence little to no protection

We don't convert enough of the chances we create.

We seem to be struggling to fit players into their best role.

Pretty much the same old problems then.

On the plus side i don't think any other team is playing as many friendlies as us so we should be fitter and sharper than most come the start of the real stuff....that is if we have any players who aren't broken left by then.

• Upvote 1

Same old same old in terms of attacking.

Same old firmino, same old Coutinho.

"Excuse me, would you mind standing still while I shuffle past you?"

I think anyone expecting massive improvement from players that performed pretty lamentably last year may be heading for further disappointment.

• Upvote 1

Hello knee-jerkers, a few objective points regarding the game against AS Roma.

1. AS Roma is a formidable franchise owned by white yank people of advanced intelligence and they are related in business terms with our franchise's shareholders. Therefore we did not actually lose. It was a victory. 

2. Simon Mignolet is the definition of World Class. Amazing GK and so glad we got rid of that useless reina. Especially his effort to save the second goal we conceded showed his class. The part with his world class leg dance in the rebound was unrivaled. He should be offered another contract soon.

3. Ojo and Sturridge need to be sold. We can't afford to have players like them in our franchise. I hope the white yank people of advanced intelligence, who own the shares and run our franchise will sell them as soon as possible. 

Dominic King ‏@DominicKing_DM  2m2 minutes ago St Louis, MO
No hamstring damage for Alberto Moreno; just picked up a dead leg following a collision. Klopp not worried about injury

Shame

phew. We can't afford losing players like him.

• Upvote 3

I think anyone expecting massive improvement from players that performed pretty lamentably last year may be heading for further disappointment.

A word to the wise old bean; when you find yourself endorsing one of funnneeeeee's crackpot pronouncements it's probably time to reassess your brain.

• Upvote 1

He doesn't get any help from his defender there but Mignolet steadies himself after the initial save, then prepares himself for a shot from a player 2 whole yards away. An effort which he ends up dealing with by losing control of all his limbs in unison and diving out of the way. Marvellous stuff.