Quantcast
ISIS - To Attack or Not? - Page 47 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

 

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

 

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

 

Thanks

Dave

Guest Numero Veinticinco

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

What about the Dutch. Would the baby not have had dual nationality ?

 

What about Begums parents ? If we're taking about dereliction of duty, where do they fit into the blame game ?

 

What about Begum herself and her husband ?  

That's textbook whataboutery.  Javid needed to deal with the situation as he found it and get Begum and her baby home, because that was the urgent need.  It's too late for the baby now.

 

Once Begum was back in the UK then it would be appropriate to look into the questions you raise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

What about the Dutch. Would the baby not have had dual nationality ?

 

 

Their child could be entitled to Dutch nationality if the parents can prove they were married at the time of the birth, but Riedijk and Begum’s marriage is almost certain to be declared invalid because it was carried out on IS territory when Begum was 15 years old.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/03/jihadi-yago-riedijk-will-not-be-allowed-to-live-with-his-family-in-netherlands/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TK421 said:

That's textbook whataboutery.  Javid needed to deal with the situation as he found it and get Begum and her baby home, because that was the urgent need.  It's too late for the baby now.

 

Once Begum was back in the UK then it would be appropriate to look into the questions you raise.  

Javed didn't take any decision based on legal advice or constitutional rights or any of that business, he did it to pander to the angry mob. Just like with his manufactured English channel migrant invasion the other week and his standing on coastguard boats.

 

It's clear both him and Rudd want May's job and they're going after different wings of the party, she's having road to Damascus moments over pip and UC and he's playing the strongman. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Javed didn't take any decision based on legal advice or constitutional rights or any of that business, he did it to pander to the angry mob. Just like with his manufactured English channel migrant invasion the other week and his standing on coastguard boats.

 

It's clear both him and Rudd want May's job and they're going after different wings of the party, she's having road to Damascus moments over pip and UC and he's playing the strongman. 

Absolutely - the baby is just collateral to him.  He was probably delighted that the whole situation arose in the first place, so that he could do the tough guy routine to a receptive and gullible British public.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are claims that Javid did not consult either the attorney general or the solicitor general before making his decision, something that could leave him vulnerable in the event of a legal challenge. When asked if this was the case, a Home Office spokesman said: “We do not comment on individual cases.”

 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/09/sajid-javid-moral-coward-death-begum-baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TK421 said:

It wouldn't be required if Javid hadn't unnecessarily stripped her of British citizenship.  They should send him the invoice. to ISIS.

Agreed.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×