You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

7 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

All on her.

Should we be risking sending people out there to save her. Plus how many others who made that descion. Freely

She managed fine to get out there if she got back she should be treated within the law.

Did the baby deserve to die?

11 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

All on her.

Should we be risking sending people out there to save her. Plus how many others who made that descion. Freely

She managed fine to get out there if she got back she should be treated within the law.

Why would there be a risk? She is in an UN refugee camp in the territory under Kurdish control, regularly accessed by journalists.

Don't know if there would have been enough time to do something for the baby even if the government didn't refuse her. Don't know what the baby died of either.  

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

Why would there be a risk? She is in an UN refugee camp in the territory under Kurdish control, regularly accessed by journalists.

Don't know if there would have been enough time to do something for the baby even if the government didn't refuse her. Don't know what the baby died of either.  

The fact that journalist were there does not indicate no risk. Let the UN fly them out. Is the airport secure? Is there safe access for British forces. The UN is not a combat force.

4 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

The fact that journalist were there does not indicate no risk. Let the UN fly them out. Is the airport secure? Is there safe access for British forces. The UN is not a combat force.

British forces are most likely already there to guide air strikes. Intelligence operatives are definitely there.

Logistically to organise is far more complex than four or five guys. Even if they are there.

Securing safe landing would probably require an advanced landing group. Maintaining that security. Ground transportation the the evac itself plus the advanced force.

All while minimising casualties. And entering a refugee camp full of insurgent with mobile phones.

Imagine the implications if we lost a plane and a dozen men. The mother and the baby to an IED.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Where is the person saying that the baby deserved to die?

The fact that it happened says it all. You probably think that the baby deserved to die. "One less palestinian to worry about while we try to take over the world" 

I have no shame in believing that is exactly what you think. You make me sick. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Are you suggesting we should risk soldiers lives to try and rescue her?  

I am suggesting the risk is now most likely minimal, since she is in a refugee camp in the territory under control of the  friendly force. She already gave several interviews to the media. There is no need to "rescue" her.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

The fact that it happened says it all. You probably think that the baby deserved to die. "One less palestinian to worry about while we try to take over the world" 

I have no shame in believing that is exactly what you think. You make me sick. 

Are you insane? On what possible planet could anyone believe that a baby deserves to die?

And who is the "we" trying to take over the world?

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

Are you insane? On what possible planet could anyone believe that a baby deserves to die?

And who is the "we" trying to take over the world?

I believe that you believe that. 

'we' being you Zionists. No better than Tommy Robinsons lot and their ideologies. Disgusting. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I believe that you believe that. 

'we' being you Zionists. No better than Tommy Robinsons lot and their ideologies. Disgusting. 

"Zionists are trying to take over the world" is heading into antisemitic conspiracy theory territory.

Quite frankly you can fuck off if you think I want babies to die. That is an utterly monstrous and totally baseless claim.

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I am suggesting the risk is now most likely minimal, since she is in a refugee camp in the territory under control of the  friendly force. She already gave several interviews to the media. There is no need to "rescue" her.

Fair enough - got the wrong end of the stick. 

If if she gets to an embassy I’d have her back, wouldn’t actively help her though.  

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Who do you suspect is in this refugee camp? Will be full of ISIS fighters. All it takes is a bit of coordination on thier part and it could get vey nasty.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

"Zionists are trying to take over the world" is heading into antisemitic conspiracy theory territory.

Quite frankly you can fuck off if you think I want babies to die. That is an utterly monstrous and totally baseless claim.

I don't think you even know what anti-semitism is. Agenda whore. 

You can fuck off. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I don't think you know what anti-semitism is. You agenda driven scumbag. 

You can fuck off. 

Yeah, what would Jewish people know about antisemitism, eh.

You have made a series of accusations about me today that are completely fabricated. Only one agenda-driven scumbag here and it's not me.