Quantcast
ISIS - To Attack or Not? - Page 28 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Guest Numero Veinticinco

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

You were ripped off, you can get a one bedroom for that.

Not really, the place was relatively nice. A one bedroom in Bethnal Green, not in the estates, you’d be looking at £1600+ a month. 

Just now, aRdja said:

Not really, the place was relatively nice. A one bedroom in Bethnal Green, not in the estates, you’d be looking at £1600+ a month. 

Next to Vic Park, £400 less than you are saying, available today...

https://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/london/bethnal_green/12067501

Why argue the point, it's, er, pointless.

15 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I lived in Bethnal Green for a couple of years, paid c£1300 a month for a room with an en-suite in a shared house. It was real enough for me.

My niece lived in an apartment with her partner overlooking the Thames for £1200 a month. Moved home last year, now living in a £250k 3 bed semi in Brighton Le Sands, Crosby. Not a pop, just saying.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

That’s in an estate.

Ey, a privately owned one.

Any other objections?

Take your pick from the below and whatever.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION^85224&maxBedrooms=1&minBedrooms=0&sortType=1&includeLetAgreed=false

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I didn’t have any objections, you did. I said if you were looking for a one bedder not in a council block you’d be looking to pay £1600+ per month in Bethnal Green, and you came back with a property available for cheaper in a council block.

12 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

My niece lived in an apartment with her partner overlooking the Thames for £1200 a month. Moved home last year, now living in a £250k 3 bed semi in Brighton Le Sands, Crosby. Not a pop, just saying.

When was it and where? I live above a pub in a one bedroom in battersea and I’m paying c£1500 now which I find ridiculous. We were looking to buy instead, cos we’d rather pay for our own than pay for someone else’s, but with brexit on the horizon, decided probably not the wisest idea.

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I didn’t have any objections, you did. I said if you were looking for a one bedder not in a council block you’d be looking to pay £1600+ per month in Bethnal Green, and you came back with a property available for cheaper in a council block.

No you are, and continue to be, wrong.

Not entirely sure which version of internet you subscribe to, but the ‘real world’ one clearly shows you are wrong.

Why even bother arguing a point which is so easily shown to be wrong?

Yes, I do know BG and surrounding areas well enough to know that if you paid that much they saw you coming.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No you are, and continue to be, wrong.

Not entirely sure which version of internet you subscribe to, but the ‘real world’ one clearly shows you are wrong.

Why even bother arguing a point which is so easily shown to be wrong?

Yes, I do know BG and surrounding areas well enough to know that if you paid that much they saw you coming.

Google map that place and you can quite clearly see that’s in a council block? 

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

How can anybody afford those prices just for rent? What on earth do you people do for a living, play premiership football?

One of the lowest socioeconomic areas in the UK too apparently. 

11 minutes ago, aRdja said:

When was it and where? I live above a pub in a one bedroom in battersea and I’m paying c£1500 now which I find ridiculous. We were looking to buy instead, cos we’d rather pay for our own than pay for someone else’s, but with brexit on the horizon, decided probably not the wisest idea.

She came home last summer, never visited but saw photos. Can find out if necessary. Not making it up.

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

She came home last summer, never visited but saw photos. Can find out if necessary. Not making it up.

I know you weren’t making it up. Was just curious.

Just now, aRdja said:

I know you didn’t. Was just curious.

I know there standard of living has risen and their wage not been hit that much. 

Both professionals and twats if i’m honest.

Just now, Scott_M said:

That lass has given birth apparently. 

Bring them home. If we’re so morally superior to the isis savages, we need to show compassion 

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Do you live in and around Bethnal Green mate? It’s a pretty affluent area these days mate. You still see a few council estates, but if you were looking to buy a three-bed stand-alone house, you wouldn’t get much change out of £1m.

No, have worked in most areas of London though but thankfully get to leave sharpish at the end of the day back down the M3!

It can be an eye opener at times