You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

7 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Banamehrama

She hasn't been convicted of any crime, and yet she's been stripped of her citizenship without any sort of due process?

Amazing.

That's the kind of democracy and justice you get with a super-tough, buff, priapic, fearless hardman like Javid calling the shots.

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's the kind of democracy and justice you get with a super-tough, buff, priapic, fearless hardman like Javid calling the shots.

Javid seems to be on a mission to rid the isles of brown people. I'd stop tanning if I were you, white guys. You might end up in Barbados or Bangladesh before the year is out.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Javid seems to be on a mission to rid the isles of brown people. I'd stop tanning if I were you, white guys. You might end up in Barbados or Bangladesh before the year is out.

He's hoping that if he acts racist enough, the Mail, Express and Scum won't notice he's a funny tinge.

• Upvote 2

Apparently the Home Office lawyers believe there is a strong case for revoking her citizenship, so it might not just be Javid blustering. It does act as some sort of deterrent to others to go thinking they can come back or those already trying to come back.

That said, not all could be classed as having another nationality and if the law isnt changed to make it easier to prosecute them when they return, its all a bit half arsed.

12 minutes ago, A Red said:

Apparently the Home Office lawyers believe there is a strong case for revoking her citizenship, so it might not just be Javid blustering. It does act as some sort of deterrent to others to go thinking they can come back or those already trying to come back.

That said, not all could be classed as having another nationality and if the law isnt changed to make it easier to prosecute them when they return, its all a bit half arsed.

I think the legal case for revoking her citizenship depends on her having another nationality - and she doesn't.  (Bangladesh have, quite rightly, said "Piss off, this has nothing to do with us.")

I can't see any case at all for making her and her child stateless. Bring her home. Interrogate her, to get some information about what makes a child run away to a war zone  (so we can try to stop others being radicalised) then try her and (if she's found guilty, as she surely would be) imprison her, while placing her child somewhere safe and nurturing.

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I think the legal case for revoking her citizenship depends on her having another nationality - and she doesn't.  (Bangladesh have, quite rightly, said "Piss off, this has nothing to do with us.")

I can't see any case at all for making her and her child stateless. Bring her home. Interrogate her, to get some information about what makes a child run away to a war zone  (so we can try to stop others being radicalised) then try her and (if she's found guilty, as she surely would be) imprison her, while placing her child somewhere safe and nurturing.

Bangladesh are not going to say, "yeah she qualifies" her lawyers are not going to say "its a fair cop" we will just have to see. You may be right but like me you dont really know.

I agree with the sentiment of your 2nd paragraph, but I just dont see how it can be proved sufficiently in order to imprison her. The law needs changing to make the crime the going there in the first place, otherwise Javid is just blustering.

The girl's as thick as mince  so there's no way she was discreet and calculating in her communications with her overseers, prior to her flight back in 2014-2015. So I'd imagine her social media and internet chat history are enough to incriminate her beyond any reasonable doubt in any court in the world. And let's face it, wherever she fetches up - her chosen nation won't be on diplomatic terms with ISIS,  So, choice is either 'banned'-camp (hoho) forever. Or the certainty of porridge, anywhere that'll have her. Surprised she hasn't sought shelter where chokey's a breeze. Scandinavia maybe?

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

Barbados you say? Where do I sign up?

1 minute ago, cochyn said:

I'd imagine her 2015 social media and internet chat history would be enough to incriminate her beyond any reasonable doubt in any court in the world. And let's face it, wherever she fetches up - her chosen nation won't be on diplomatic terms with ISIS,  So, choice is either 'banned'-camp forever. Or porridge, anywhere that'll have her. Surprised she hasn't sought shelter where chokey's a breeze. Scandinavia maybe?

Scandinavian prison, huh? Where do I sign up. 

US President Donald Trump says a woman who left the US to become a propagandist for the Islamic State (IS) group will not be allowed to return.

On Twitter, he said he had instructed Secretary of State Mike Pompeo "not to allow Hoda Muthana back into the country".

I could have sworn he just said the opposite to EU countries last week -- hmmm..