You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 minute ago, Hank Moody said:

I think that was conclusively tackled in the Conspiracy thread, if you're interested. As an aside, lots of Americans do think there was something up with 9/11. I just read 50%. That's almost as many as believe angels walk among us, at 80%. 

Do you have a link to the conclusive proof?

15 hours ago, TK421 said:

She was just a kid - she was being groomed as a minor.  

The pop concert stuff, I dunno but I kind of agree with the point she was making.  I don't agree that it was justifiable but I do think there's a chance that the Manchester victims would still be alive had David Cameron not launched air strikes on Syria.  

There is no doubt in my mind that British foreign policy in the 21st century has created fertile conditions for groups like ISIS to emerge. 

The first sentence I agree with. She was 15 when she left therefore a child. There is no ambiguity.

Third sentence is a reasonable argument, I don't think there is much doubt that Western foreign policy in the Middle East has propagated a lot of resentment and anger leading to groups like Al Quaeda and ISIS.

Second sentence. No, just no.

4 hours ago, moof said:

It’s only racism when you blatantly refer to their skin colour. There’s no such thing as underlying/covert racism 

Yeah, like the way nobody ever takes a comment about a certain subject and attributes it to a more general landscape, which therefore deems it racist, but also out of context.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

Interesting phraseology here.  You don't think it's the other way around, and we're the main aggressors in the so called war on terror?  At the very least it's a two way street, yeah?

This can all be traced back to 9/11 and probably long before that, but let's take 9/11 as a starting point.  There needs to be a fresh inquiry into 9/11, in my opinion.  The official version of events does not stack up and so much Western foreign policy has flowed from it that it needs looking at again. 

100% agree it is a 2 way street, and I also completely agree with you that some of our foreign policy has been a contributing factor to where we find ourselves currently, but I find that when tracing the steps back in explaining why something has happened, and I apologise if I’m incorrect on this, you seem to stop at the part of the process we are culpable for. 

Like this Jihadi bride girl - you said “why did she feel the need to join ISIS? What had she been subjected to by her community, or nation as a whole?”, but there isn’t ever a “how was that person acting to receive a negative vibe from the people around them?”

Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of race driven aggressors who are fueling a lot of this, but that certainly doesn’t encompass the whole root of the problem. In my opinion.

9 minutes ago, belarus said:

Like this Jihadi bride girl - you said “why did she feel the need to join ISIS? What had she been subjected to by her community, or nation as a whole?”, but there isn’t ever a “how was that person acting to receive a negative vibe from the people around them?”

That's because I see her as a product of her environment.  At 15 years of age her mind has not fully developed and matured, hence we have secondary education, further education, higher education etc. 

I don't see her as innately evil, more as a victim of her environment. 

14 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Anyway back to the subject of tribute acts at ISIS Pontins.

Big Cuntery.

The Bombzo, Infidel dog, Doodaa Band.

Sheena Eastern.

The Lost Prophets

The Dave Clark Five Pillars of Islam

Qurandy Crawford

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, TK421 said:

That's because I see her as a product of her environment.  At 15 years of age her mind has not fully developed and matured, hence we have secondary education, further education, higher education etc. 

I don't see her as innately evil, more as a victim of her environment. 

She might be innately evil - that’s potentially how she was able to be radicalised.

She shrugged at seeing her first ever severed head, in a bin, unexpectedly. That wouldn’t be my experience of that if I was expecting to put the recycling out, and I’m a cunt.