You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

By being a member of ISIS you mean a combatant? 

Some Doctors have worked for terrorist groups but have not taken up arms, do they not count as members? They must have the same ideology? Or are they merely working on humanitarian grounds?

It will be very difficult to prove she was anymore than a housewife. She wont be prosecuted, her and her child will be back in the uk and theres fuck all that can be done about it other than tell her not to do it again

19 minutes ago, A Red said:

It will be very difficult to prove she was anymore than a housewife. She wont be prosecuted, her and her child will be back in the uk and theres fuck all that can be done about it other than tell her not to do it again

If she’s promoted ISIS they can prosecute.  Being a member should be enough. I’d imagine there’s enough public interest now to prevent her from slipping quietly into the county as has been done. 

It's simple. She wasn't just a housewife. She deliberately moved there to support the isis state by marrying and supporting their fighters, by producing indoctrinated children to populate the state, to spread propaganda etc. All of this aided in isis in spreading their war, killing and slavery. She's guilty of aiding and abetting a terrorist organisation and if she gets back to the UK, she should be jailed.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Baltar said:

It's simple. She wasn't just a housewife. She deliberately moved there to support the isis state by marrying and supporting their fighters, by producing indoctrinated children to populate the state, to spread propaganda etc. All of this aided in isis in spreading their war, killing and slavery. She's guilty of aiding and abetting a terrorist organisation and if she gets back to the UK, she should be jailed.

Some or all of that might be true but the problem is proving it in a court of law

• Upvote 1

She's apparently come out and said that the Manch Arena bombing was justified because of air strikes in Syria. 

She's gonna struggle getting people on her side a bit more, methinks. 

Sounds like she's still under the effect of radicalisation (if she was radicalised in the first place) and represents an ongoing danger to the UK. 

The Home Secretory should be looking to pass a law to make it illegal to go to an ISIS zone punishable by prison if they come back. The only proof being required being that they were there. 

Him trying to sound tough on the subject is meaningless bollocks

13 minutes ago, A Red said:

The Home Secretory should be looking to pass a law to make it illegal to go to an ISIS zone punishable by prison if they come back. The only proof being required being that they were there. 

Him trying to sound tough on the subject is meaningless bollocks

Unworkable? 

What about Alan Henning? Would he have been prosecuted, if he wasn't murdered? 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Unworkable? 

What about Alan Henning? Would he have been prosecuted, if he wasn't murdered? 

Yeah, fuck aid workers.

Seriously, i'm not going to write the fucking legislation myself but i'm sure there must be a way of getting it at the people going there to fight or assist or marry for that matter.

15 minutes ago, A Red said:

Seriously, i'm not going to write the fucking legislation myself but i'm sure there must be a way of getting it at the people going there to fight or assist or marry for that matter.

I'll give it a whirl:-

Draft Terrorrrr Bill 2019

1.  Any person who knowingly visits a naughty country is automatically guilty of an offence under this section punishable by imprisonment forever;

2.  Section 1 shall not apply to non-Muslims.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

53 minutes ago, A Red said:

Yeah, fuck aid workers.

Easy. Just put the onus on the person traveling to the designated area to show that he was traveling with a justifiable excuse. Should have done this years ago as it's too late now. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I'll give it a whirl:-

Draft Terrorrrr Bill 2019

1.  Any person who knowingly visits a naughty country is automatically guilty of an offence under this section punishable by imprisonment forever;

2.  Section 1 shall not apply to non-Muslims.

You're being a prick. Just like you were a prick before when someone who knew you said you were being a prick and you got all teary and fucked off. Like a prick.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, aws said:

Easy. Just put the onus on the person traveling to the designated area to show that he was traveling with a justifiable excuse. Should have done this years ago as it's too late now. 

Well, that would involve elements of intent and mens rea and wouldn't be the strict liability offence that was initially proposed. 

Plus, wouldn't that involve a shifting of the burden of proof? You're guilty until you've showed that you're innocent? 

9 hours ago, TK421 said:

Negged for lacking empathy.  She's in a refugee camp and had literally just given birth.  Her head might not be in the best place, you know?  

Once she's safely back on blighty soil,having justified killing of innocent children watching a pop concert, what the fuck are you going to do all day?