You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just now, aRdja said:

Not really, the place was relatively nice. A one bedroom in Bethnal Green, not in the estates, you’d be looking at £1600+ a month. 

Next to Vic Park, £400 less than you are saying, available today...

https://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/london/bethnal_green/12067501

Why argue the point, it's, er, pointless.

15 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I lived in Bethnal Green for a couple of years, paid c£1300 a month for a room with an en-suite in a shared house. It was real enough for me.

My niece lived in an apartment with her partner overlooking the Thames for £1200 a month. Moved home last year, now living in a £250k 3 bed semi in Brighton Le Sands, Crosby. Not a pop, just saying.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I didn’t have any objections, you did. I said if you were looking for a one bedder not in a council block you’d be looking to pay £1600+ per month in Bethnal Green, and you came back with a property available for cheaper in a council block.

12 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

My niece lived in an apartment with her partner overlooking the Thames for £1200 a month. Moved home last year, now living in a £250k 3 bed semi in Brighton Le Sands, Crosby. Not a pop, just saying.

When was it and where? I live above a pub in a one bedroom in battersea and I’m paying c£1500 now which I find ridiculous. We were looking to buy instead, cos we’d rather pay for our own than pay for someone else’s, but with brexit on the horizon, decided probably not the wisest idea.

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I didn’t have any objections, you did. I said if you were looking for a one bedder not in a council block you’d be looking to pay £1600+ per month in Bethnal Green, and you came back with a property available for cheaper in a council block.

No you are, and continue to be, wrong.

Not entirely sure which version of internet you subscribe to, but the ‘real world’ one clearly shows you are wrong.

Why even bother arguing a point which is so easily shown to be wrong?

Yes, I do know BG and surrounding areas well enough to know that if you paid that much they saw you coming.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No you are, and continue to be, wrong.

Not entirely sure which version of internet you subscribe to, but the ‘real world’ one clearly shows you are wrong.

Why even bother arguing a point which is so easily shown to be wrong?

Yes, I do know BG and surrounding areas well enough to know that if you paid that much they saw you coming.

Google map that place and you can quite clearly see that’s in a council block? 

11 minutes ago, aRdja said:

When was it and where? I live above a pub in a one bedroom in battersea and I’m paying c£1500 now which I find ridiculous. We were looking to buy instead, cos we’d rather pay for our own than pay for someone else’s, but with brexit on the horizon, decided probably not the wisest idea.

She came home last summer, never visited but saw photos. Can find out if necessary. Not making it up.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Do you live in and around Bethnal Green mate? It’s a pretty affluent area these days mate. You still see a few council estates, but if you were looking to buy a three-bed stand-alone house, you wouldn’t get much change out of £1m.

No, have worked in most areas of London though but thankfully get to leave sharpish at the end of the day back down the M3!

It can be an eye opener at times