You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

15 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It's the "whether she was 15 or an adult" I have a big problem with.  She was essentially sexually groomed and not capable of giving legal consent, but a lot of people seem cool with that because she's not white. 

I dont think her colour has anything at all to do with it at all. She has gone to the middle east to support ISIS, whether groomed, forced or of her own volition, whatever, it would be pretty difficult to find out the real reason. If you want to stop UK citizens from doing the same, there has to be a strong deterrence in the short term.

You cant have a law and therefore deterrence that allows a child to do something an adult cant, it will only end up with far more children that are radicalised/groomed as they will have effectively a free pass. There may well be less of a penalty for a child than adult but it certainly needs to be significant. Longer term, but extremely difficult, the grooming and radicalising has to be prevented.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It's the "whether she was 15 or an adult" I have a big problem with.  She was essentially sexually groomed and not capable of giving legal consent, but a lot of people seem cool with that because she's not white. 

I wonder, if it were a 15 year old white girl who was groomed and married to an ira member, whether the same people would be calling for her to be shot and locked up with the key thrown away. 

They probably would, tbf. Cunts to a man 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I only called one racist a racist and yes, that’s because he’s been racist for years, evidenced by his racist posting history. The big racist.  

Is that aimed to me?  Once again you can just post some of my racism.  Must be loads of it if I’ve been doing it years. 

39 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Dear oh dear. You were doing ok up to that point

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Is that aimed to me?  Once again you can just post some of my racism.  Must be loads of it if I’ve been doing it years. 

This is the easiest bluff ever because who the fuck is sad enough to trawl through your car crash history of posts to find evidence of something that anyone who has paid cursory attention to you over the years knows to be an obvious truth. 

6 minutes ago, moof said:

I wonder, if it were a 15 year old white girl who was groomed and married to an ira member, whether the same people would be calling for her to be shot and locked up with the key thrown away. 

That is a very good question, something i alluded to in my first post in this thread. Why didnt we arrest Mrs Adams, Mrs Mcguinness et all?

She needs to face some sort of accountability for providing some sort of assistance to a terrorist organisation: exactly what (if?) she contributed or how little (or much?) remorse she feels should be established in a court of law and not through some edited piece in the fucking Times. If it's the case that she was more than just a stupid kid who made a stupid mistake and was forced to make peace with her stupid decisions, then she'd be punished through the law - which I'm far more comfortable with than extra-judicial means such as death by drone strike or exile through denial of citizenship. As I've often said, abandoning "western" values when dealing with this sort of thing is a jihadi marketing department's dream, giving them a line of "their justice and equality doesn't apply to people like you so your only viable survival method is to fight." If she's showing no contrition at all and it's just a cynical act of self-interest then so be it - she probably spends longer behind bars as a result but either way her innocent child faces a (hopefully) better future.

To be honest, the timing of it stinks a bit. The beloved Tory government is under intense pressure, and pieces like this are basically teeing up a smash for some cunt like May or Javid to posture to the gallery with hardline statements about how "we stand up to terrorists", "people who don't like our values should fuck off" and "Britain is never afraid to face down evil like we did in the war and that" etc., and shit like that is like catnip to Kippers and yellow vesters. Right when they need a bit of ground-level support.

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It wasn’t actually, no.

I suspect that you’re a tad racist and I’m absolutely certain that you’re a cunt but it was aimed at the biggest, baddest racist on the forum. 

18 minutes ago, moof said:

If she were white, groomed to join a white supremacist organization at 15 and wanted to come home for the sake of her baby but still obviously having extreme racist views, you'd be standing  in line to kick her in the head.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

If she were white, groomed to join a white supremacist organization at 15 and wanted to come home for the sake of her baby but still obviously having extreme racist views, you'd be staying in line to kick her in the head.

Bold, cretinous claim. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It wasn’t actually, no.

I suspect that you’re a tad racist and I’m absolutely certain that you’re a cunt but it was aimed at the biggest, baddest racist on the forum. 

Same way I think you are a bit of a kiddy fiddler. Certainly a cunt though, I think that’s a given for us all now the Rev has packed in.  

53 minutes ago, A Red said:

That is a very good question, something i alluded to in my first post in this thread. Why didnt we arrest Mrs Adams, Mrs Mcguinness et all?

I don't think the situations are analogous at all. The wives of IRA members typically didn't travel half way across the globe to marry them. There is also the simple fact that there is no practical distinction between civilian and combatant in Isis, as everyone is working towards the same divinely-inspired goal, of enabling an Islamic caliphate to conquer the Middle East.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

UK being run by ‘lefties’.. lol. Because Theresa May and Boris Johnson are modern day Marx and Engels.

Oh and negged for moaning about a neg. 

I never said the country is being run by anyone - I was just listing the terms used by each end of the spectrum about anyone with differing opinions.

And repped because I’m Friday happy and it’s sunny and warm. Plus, you like a breakfast and I like you. Kisses.

5 hours ago, moof said:

I negged you for the joe rogan. It boils my piss when people posit that cunt as some kind of substantive authority on issues like this. As for the rest of it... whatever. This place isn’t an enjoyable environment for the most part, I spend most of my time here shaking my fucking head. This post just takes the fucking biscuit, really. 

Joe Rogan does my head in generally, but that doesn’t mean that he isn’t sometimes able to offer a balanced and practical opinion. You’re going all partisan again - you don’t like him so everything he says is bollocks.

If my post drives a reaction from you along the “takes the biscuit” lines, then I’m not surprised you are unable to deal with posts and conversations where people offer actual and real opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5