You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

8 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Once her child is born, is she or he a British citizen?

British, or dual if the

kids mum names the Dutch fella as the dad. Her nationality can’t be revoked unless shes got dual citizenship. I think it was a UN rule to stop countries simply making undesirables stateless and therefore someone else’s problem. 

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. There has to be a legal basis for jailing her. I'd also suggest she has to interviewed rigorously somewhere abroad before even thinking about letting her enter the country again.

Isis as freedom fighters? They rampaged through the Middle East leaving tens of thousands dead.  Freedom from what exactly? 

We cant stop her entering the country. 

Apart from that, spot on as ever. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Isis as freedom fighters? They rampaged through the Middle East leaving tens of thousands dead.  Freedom from what exactly? 

We cant stop her entering the country. 

Apart from that, spot on as ever. 

The poster I quoted mentioned it being a crime to be a member of a terrorist organisation. This is a slippery slope for me as this opens up a whole can of worms as to what exactly is a terrorist organisation. Yasser Arafat and Nelson Mandela were once branded as terrorists so I am not in favour of this idea personally. I think putting somebody in jail has to be a point of law. I also wasn't talking about this case in particular,more about the repercussions of just saying 'You're a terrorist' and locking somebody up.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The poster I quoted mentioned it being a crime to be a member of a terrorist organisation. This is a slippery slope for me as this opens up a whole can of worms as to what exactly is a terrorist organisation. Yasser Arafat and Nelson Mandela were once branded as terrorists so I am not in favour of this idea personally. I think putting somebody in jail has to be a point of law. I also wasn't talking about this case in particular,more about the repercussions of just saying 'You're a terrorist' and locking somebody up.

That is the law though, so being a member of a terrorist organisation is currently enough for this young lady's situation.

I haven't read the law mind you, so there might be specifics around what being a member entails, and also what defines a terrorist organisation.

There has definitely been some dodgy doors opened legally in the name of the "War on Terror" though, for sure.

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

That is the law though, so being a member of a terrorist organisation is currently enough for this young lady's situation.

I haven't read the law mind you, so there might be specifics around what being a member entails, and also what defines a terrorist organisation.

There has definitely been some dodgy doors opened legally in the name of the "War on Terror" though, for sure.

This is my point. Rather than 'terrorist organisation' I'd prefer 'murderer' 'kidnapper' etc as there are clear foundations for this type of crime.

The people giving it remarks about how this forum is unreadable and calling people chickenhawks - I hope that’s based on loads of other stuff on here that I haven’t seen and not just this thread, because this has pretty much been people with a mix of opinions discussing them. No silliness really. Apart from the ones sneering at and condemning other peoples’ opinions. 

I got negged for putting a vid up which was in context to a side conversation. The ones with hardened views that sit at one end or the other, taking that unpliable view into every situation, event and debate are the ones making things difficult. The ones who can think and adopt different views based on each example are just called racist bigots by one end and soft lefties by the other. It makes it impossible to discuss anything - futile, boring and depressing. A sad indictment of the current climate in the UK, and those cunts running everything are certainly leading from the front with it all. Shite.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

Not really sure about this, from what i can see she went out there to marry an ISIS man, turned out to be a bit more shit than she expected and now wants to come home. I dont know if marrying an ISIS bloke makes her any more a terrorist than Mrs IRA bomber.

I would lock her up for a long time and put the child in to care, if the law allows us to. If the law allowed us to deny entry back into the UK then that would be the ideal solution. There needs to be a deterrent that says, "you fuck off to fight or team up with groups like ISIS, you cant come back"

I have a white van and quite like Rangers so that probably colours my views

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

50 minutes ago, belarus said:

The people giving it remarks about how this forum is unreadable and calling people chickenhawks - I hope that’s based on loads of other stuff on here that I haven’t seen and not just this thread, because this has pretty much been people with a mix of opinions discussing them. No silliness really. Apart from the ones sneering at and condemning other peoples’ opinions. 

I got negged for putting a vid up which was in context to a side conversation. The ones with hardened views that sit at one end or the other, taking that unpliable view into every situation, event and debate are the ones making things difficult. The ones who can think and adopt different views based on each example are just called racist bigots by one end and soft lefties by the other. It makes it impossible to discuss anything - futile, boring and depressing. A sad indictment of the current climate in the UK, and those cunts running everything are certainly leading from the front with it all. Shite.

UK being run by ‘lefties’.. lol. Because Theresa May and Boris Johnson are modern day Marx and Engels.

Oh and negged for moaning about a neg. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

58 minutes ago, belarus said:

I negged you for the joe rogan. It boils my piss when people posit that cunt as some kind of substantive authority on issues like this. As for the rest of it... whatever. This place isn’t an enjoyable environment for the most part, I spend most of my time here shaking my fucking head. This post just takes the fucking biscuit, really. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, belarus said:

Every one of us is a useful idiot, left and right. I am a believer in love and one consciousness however that is being used by the global elite to erode nations' history and social structure to make them more controllable. I am not in any way right-wing but the working class people pushed to the right are correct to be opposed to globalisation and having their fates dictated by liberal elite. The only winners are the global elite in all cases, it makes tribalism on any issue nearly impossible without knowing who's pulling the strings.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hades said:

Every one of us is a useful idiot, left and right. I am a believer in love and one consciousness however that is being used by the global elite to erode nations' history and social structure to make them more controllable. I am not in any way right-wing but the working class people pushed to the right are correct to be opposed to globalisation and having their fates dictated by liberal elite. The only winners are the global elite in all cases, it makes tribalism on any issue nearly impossible without knowing who's pulling the strings.

Love?  You have a list of people you don’t like, you advocated killing or imprisoning people who don’t agree with you.