You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They had a monthly magazine setting out exactly what they wanted, what they were doing and why they were doing it. 

By the time she went everyone in the world knew what was happening.  She even said she liked it there. She put her name down for a husband immediately. 

The last two sentences have some factual content. The rest of the post is purely assumption. 

Again, I'll ask why aren't you applying the usual standards and presumptions that we apply to 15 year olds to this girl? 

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

I would want to know why she felt so desperate that at the age of 15 her best option was to join ISIS. 

Let’s face it - it wasn’t her “best option”. If everyone’s decisions could be passed off as their best option at that point, irrelevant of consequence and result, then nobody would ever have done anything wrong.

She fucked up and still sounds as though she is an enemy of our way of life in that interview. As you say, I think we should be helping the baby, but she can fuck off. How far back do we trace bad decisions? Did you share the same compassion for that mad cunt who went on the rampage at the mosque in North London a while back, because I didn’t for him and I don’t for her.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They had a monthly magazine setting out exactly what they wanted, what they were doing and why they were doing it. 

By the time she went everyone in the world knew what was happening.  She even said she liked it there. She put her name down for a husband immediately. 

I miss Dabiq. Downloaded it for the beheadings, but did read the interviews.

• Upvote 1

I'd have absolutely no issue with an offensive that surgically attacks ISIS. Truth is, their numbers have dwindled dramatically due to coalition and others striking them from the air (mostly). The thing is, you can't just do it by force. You need to de-radicalise and offer and alternative. That is, if you really want to combat it, rather than stop it for a while and then watch it grow two heads in its place.

8 minutes ago, belarus said:

Let’s face it - it wasn’t her “best option”. If everyone’s decisions could be passed off as their best option at that point, irrelevant of consequence and result, then nobody would ever have done anything wrong.

She fucked up and still sounds as though she is an enemy of our way of life in that interview. As you say, I think we should be helping the baby, but she can fuck off. How far back do we trace bad decisions? Did you share the same compassion for that mad cunt who went on the rampage at the mosque in North London a while back, because I didn’t for him and I don’t for her.

How do you know it wasn't her best option?  At the very least, it was one that appealed greatly to her because she went through with it.  Why?  

With regard to the Mosque bloke, I respect his rights enough to want to give him a fair trial with legal representation - the bare minimum he is entitled to in a civilised society.  It's very concerning that people want to send this young lady to jail without a trial, and in the case of iPlop to summarily execute her and her unborn child.  Not cool. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

I'd have absolutely no issue with an offensive that surgically attacks ISIS. Truth is, their numbers have dwindled dramatically due to coalition and others striking them from the air (mostly). The thing is, you can't just do it by force. You need to de-radicalise and offer and alternative. That is, if you really want to combat it, rather than stop it for a while and then watch it grow two heads in its place.

Its the alternative where it falls down. Every lunatic Jihadi has had plenty of alternatives before they arrive where they do both physically and mentally.    

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bring her back, give the kid to her family, put her on trial. Plenty of them have come back and faced nothing, only a percentage faced trial.

The furore surrounding theses girls going in the first place means she cannot just go back to normal as others seemingly have, whatever she has or hasn’t done.

No expert as you may have gathered but i’m presuming those who faced trial had participated in things and those who hadn’t, didn’t.

They would all hopefully have been scrutinised when they returned, before decisions were made. 

She was groomed apparently, impressionable young girl. She now seems indoctrinated. She could be a danger, she may not be. We can find out and bring her back or leave her where she is.

But what do I know. The one question I would like to ask her is this, Daltrey or Plant?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Bring her back, give the kid to her family, put her on trial. Plenty of them have come back and faced nothing, only a percentage faced trial.

The furore surrounding theses girls going in the first place means she cannot just go back to normal as others seemingly have, whatever she has or hasn’t done.

No expert as you may have gathered but i’m presuming those who faced trial had participated in things and those who hadn’t, didn’t.

They would all hopefully have been scrutinised when they returned, before decisions were made. 

She was groomed apparently, impressionable young girl. She now seems indoctrinated. She could be a danger, she may not be. We can find out and bring her back or leave her where she is.

But what do I know. The one question I would like to ask her is this, Daltrey or Plant?

Her family?  I’m not so sure they have a good track record. The dad was a keen on blowing things up wasn’t he? 

8 minutes ago, moof said:

What’s her crime? 

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

That’s it, has she done owt.

CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 310J

Membership of terrorist organisation

310J Membership of terrorist organisation

(1) A person commits an offence if:
(a) the person intentionally is a member of a terrorist organisation, and
(b) the organisation is a terrorist organisation, and
(c) the person knows the organisation is a terrorist organisation.
Maximum penalty: Imprisonment for 10 years.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if the person proves that he or she took all reasonable steps to cease to be a member of the organisation as soon as practicable after the person knew that the organisation was a terrorist organisation.
  • Upvote 2

She left to join, support and a play a role (no matter how small) in a murderous, hate fueled group’s ideology, that is opposed to her own home country’s way of life. A way of life she now wishes to embrace and shield her and her innocent unborn child. All without showing any remorse for her actions and even in admitting atrocities such as beheadings didn’t faze her, which radicalization or not, is not the sort of moral compass any society should be too welcoming of.

Saying I hate everything about you, would be happy to see your culture and way of life annihilated, whilst showing you zero compassion, room to negotiate or any mercy leaves little room for ambiguity. However, professing that as your raison d’etre, yet caveating it with a plea for understanding that certain aspects of my own choices aren’t working out, so could I have my NHS back please, could make many people raise an eyebrow.

Considering radicalisation, easy lead people and the human hope for second chances, none of which by the way are considerations that would be reciprocated, do we open our doors in the hope that people can change? Or will we simply be inviting a viper back into the fold?

The scales of justice viewing her appeal are not finely balanced due her own actions, recent statements and apparent self serving desires. Sadly any desire we may have to take a moral high ground, display a greater human understanding and level of forgiveness that would approach saintly, is sadly the very same way of life that they want to destroy.

It’s a conundrum.

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, jonnyp said:

Saying I hate everything about you, would be happy to see your culture and way of life annihilated, whilst showing you zero compassion, room to negotiate or any mercy leaves little room for ambiguity.

Good summary of the Breakfast thread that. I'd rep if I had the power. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1