You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool V AC Milan

Arl arse

They might have the talent to make it (like Cresswell for example) but the problem is they need games to develop, and they can't get games with the bigger clubs, because the bigger clubs have no appetite for them learning (and making mistakes) on the job. One might think that it's better to abandon the youth policy altogether.

No, we tried that, and we still suffer from the legacy in that we are unable to attract the best youth talent. We just need to get better at it. As with just about every aspect of the club.

• Upvote 1

Just watched the highlights on youtube.

Good goals.

How long before Origi is the starter ahead of Sturridge. He really is developing nicely. Fast,good finisher and looks very strong too.

Quite excited by Ojo too.

Noticed at the end Moreno nowhere to be found on Honda's late header.

Really disappointed we dodnt at least bring competition in for him

The new Dortmund style shirt showing Dortmund football

Just watched the highlights on youtube. Good goals. How long before Origi is the starter ahead of Sturridge. He really is developing nicely.

I would say two weeks.

Sturridge is class.  But Origi has everything.

• Upvote 1

Fuck me, we've no excuse for misplaced passes wearing that kit on a dark night,! Fluorescent or what?

Still, anyone who views these as anything more than a glorified training game is bound to be left underwhelmed.

A good workout for the players. Origi showing his eye for goal and but for picky officiating, would have had 2 goals in the game. To be frank, he looked head and shoulders over sturridge. He looked hungrier and more direct which might be a worry if sturridge continues to look lackadaisical.

There were a few nice touched by sturridge but just not enough. And I still dont get why we lose more 50 / 50 tackles than we win.

Lallana? Meh.

Why's Moreno being criticized? He did nothing wrong this match and he assisted Origi's goal. The bias against him is getting a little ridiculous.

By only having one foot with which he will kick the ball, thereby limiting his ability to move the ball on to the best possible option.  In short.

There is also the being caught out of position, but there's enough there to be getting on with.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sugar Ape, what the fuck's the deal? You're a fucking waster. Where the fucking fucking fuck is my fucking gifs and highlights package? YOU DISAPPOINT ME.

Good run out that. We certainly have some pace going forward and if we can convert a few more chances then we will cause some problems for most teams. . Hope Klopp gets some cover at the back before the season starts, With Lucas in his way we have even fewer options.

Id rather see Origi start the season too. It makes me laugh when I see Sturridge described as pacy, the guy barely moves faster than a brisk walk these days.

Origi is far from the finished article but at least there's potential there to be top class. Injuries have robbed Sturridge any chance of that.

The only thing worse than watching Paletta trying to run, is looking at his haircut.

He mustn't have a razor in his house as he's still rocking the egg in the nest look no baldy has had since the 80s. Just shave it all off, you big goon.

• Upvote 2