You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Steven Gerrard goals

RoyHodgeGone

That looper against Marsaille was immense because he had no fucking right to get it. I was watching it bemused for a few seconds thinking "did that just happen". Also, because it's such an unusual type of goal, and although his bread and butter 'long range drives' are impressive, he scored a huge amount of them, so it's harder to pick among them. Went Ham FA cup final has to be up there too though. For the goal and especially for all of the context surrounding the goal. Dying seconds. Cramp. Whimpering our of the final, after a great performance for him personally. He just wouldn't give up. I think that's the goal I've went the most nuts at, despite it not being a winner. Sheer disbelief.

Was behind the goal there, my Dad said to me "We'll go as soon as we get the medals eh?" We both looked back at the pitch as the ball bounced before him and the rest is history.

What a goal, what a player. 

• Upvote 2

I've just watched a YouTube clip of every Liverpool goal he scored.

Christ. He was some player.

There was a fair few penalties towards the end. While I wasn't entirely against him playing the holding, deeper playmaker role, the way he surged clear of the Stoke back line for his last goal for us, still makes me think he was a bit wasted in his last season with us.

I thought he was very well suited to that 2013/14 role and that Rodgers did really well (gulp) to identify it. I think his heart and head were just gone after the end of that season, though. Understandably so.

That Marseille goal was outrageous...was almost behind him wasn't it...

I know it wasn't all that important compared to so many others he scored for us but that goal against Middlesbrough at home is as sweet a strike of a football as I have ever seen - just could watch that goal all day.

• Upvote 1