You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Danny Ings

TheHowieLama

Yes I think it would be harsh on the lad. He got injured playing for LFC therefore we've a duty of care to him. Its not like he's on a massive wage which he'd get in a lump sum anyway so dont see where business comes into it.

I really would think we've become a shit uncaring football club if we did fuck him off.

I don't understand what would be shrewd about it. If you think you can just terminate a players contract without paying it up in full then you seem to have been living in a dream world.

So zero hours contracts have not reached the football world.

While the club are paying his wages they may as well use him to clean the car park at melwood and any other odd jobs that need doing.

Didn't Tommy Smith during the summer break labour for the brick layer who built the old dug outs during shankleys era?

The lad looks to have got fit.

Give him a fucking chance. Yes he has been fucked by injury but both for big long term ones. I'd be far more concerned if he was getting multiple muscle injuries than two freak knee injuries. Give him a go before writing him off.

That run he made across the keeper when he tried to get a little flick header was better than we have seen from Sturridge all season. 

• Upvote 1

Seriously, some of the stuff in this thread about Ings is absolute shite.

Not surprising though. People aren't happy on here unless they're having a good moan about something. Even Ings,on the comeback trail after 2 devastating knee injuries in as many years is getting it. I'm starting to dislike some our fans over the last few weeks. Fucking drama queens. "Im done with football" "I'm not wasting 4 hrs a week to watch this shit" etc etc etc. Well don't watch us and stop coming on here to tell us about it you fucking drama queens. Est1892, I'm looking at you. Take your ultra negativity that clogs up every thread and fuck off.

• Upvote 1

Not surprising though. People aren't happy on here unless they're having a good moan about something. Even Ings,on the comeback trail after 2 devastating knee injuries in as many years is getting it. I'm starting to dislike some our fans over the last few weeks. Fucking drama queens. "Im done with football" "I'm not wasting 4 hrs a week to watch this shit" etc etc etc. Well don't watch us and stop coming on here to tell us about it you fucking drama queens. Est1892, I'm looking at you. Take your ultra negativity that clogs up every thread and fuck off.

Irony is, you're not happy unless you're having a moan about others moaning.

Are you the forum police, like? Only you seem to think it's your place to tell people what they can and cannot post. Fancy coming on here and telling someone to fuck off and leave. You couldn't make it up!

Wouldnt disagree with what you've put there.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand what would be shrewd about it. If you think you can just terminate a players contract without paying it up in full then you seem to have been living in a dream world.

You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope one day a fit striker will join us, and the world will be as one.

I'm happy when we're smashing teams to pieces.

Fucking fed up how pathetic we are. Nothing about being a drama queen. Being a realist. Others like you can keep sticking their head in the sand pretending everything is great.

Just put me on ignore then instead of hanging on my posts.

• Upvote 3

If you want to really dig down and consider why we have a problem scoring goals, you need only look at how 3 of our strikers fare when compared other English strikers in the division.

I don't think I'm being harsh here when I put them in order.

1. Kane
  2. Vardy
  3. Rashford
  4. Welbeck
  5. Abraham
  6. Walcott
  7. Austin
  8. Rooney
  9. Wilson
  10. Deeney
  11. Grey
  12. Carroll
  13. Gayle
  14. Defoe
  15. Rodriguez
  16. Sturridge
  17. Calvert-Lewin
  18. Solanke
  19. Ings
  20. Crouch
  21. Berahino
  22. Baldock
  23. Akpom
  24. Murray
  25. Wickham

If you want to really dig down and consider why we have a problem scoring goals, you need only look at how 3 of our strikers fare when compared other English strikers in the division.

1. Kane
  2. Vardy
  3. Rashford
  4. Welbeck
  5. Abraham
  6. Walcott
  7. Austin
  8. Rooney
  9. Wilson
  10. Deeney
  11. Grey
  12. Carroll
  13. Gayle
  14. Defoe
  15. Rodriguez
  16. Sturridge
  17. Calvert-Lewin
  18. Solanke
  19. Ings
  20. Crouch
  21. Berahino
  22. Baldock
  23. Akpom
  24. Murray
  25. Wickham

But isn't that like, just your opinion? 

1. Kane
  2. Vardy
  3. Rashford
  4. Welbeck
  5. Abraham
  6. Walcott
  7. Austin
  8. Rooney
  9. Wilson
  10. Deeney
  11. Grey
  12. Carroll
  13. Gayle
  14. Defoe
  15. Rodriguez
  16. Sturridge
  17. Calvert-Lewin
  18. Solanke
  19. Ings
  20. Crouch
  21. Berahino
  22. Baldock
  23. Akpom
  24. Murray
  25. Wickham

I don't want to really dig down because we don't have a problem scoring goals.

• Kane
  • Vardy
  • Rashford
  • Welbeck
  • Abraham
  • Walcott
  • Austin
  • Rooney
  • Wilson
  • Deeney
  • Grey
  • Carroll
  • Gayle
  • Defoe
  • Rodriguez
  • Sturridge
  • Calvert-Lewin
  • Solanke
  • Ings
  • Crouch
  • Berahino
  • Baldock
  • Akpom
  • Murray
  • Wickham

Honestly you post some of the most inane shit imaginable sometimes yet I'm continually baffled each time you do. We now have a problem scoring goals because of our back up strikers who barely have a games worth of minutes combined compared to other first choice (or near enough) starters at pretty much every team.

Good luck to the lad. Terrible luck with two bad injuries, but credit to him for the fight shown on the long road back to fitness, twice. 

Before the injuries it was touch and go whether or not he was good enough for us. He was a lower risk purchase from a lower Premium team for a lower tribunal fee, and if he went on to score some goals and do well for us, so much the better. Unfortunately it didn't work out like that.  

My opinion is that he might make it as a squad man, if he stays fit, but in all likelihood he will move on next season to try to play elsewhere. He might get a run out here and there this season and come up with a goal or two, but I can't see anything more than that. Can't be doing with the criticism though. He's a decent lad who gives his all. 

• Upvote 1